Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Default [ROM ALERT] Mynís Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 4 - 11/25/2010] - Making Sense Of It All!

ROM ALERT: [ROM] Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 4 - 11/25/2010] - Making Sense Of It All!

Source:

Some of the features in RLS 4 (11-25-2010) include:
    New Base - Official HTC 3.30.651.3 With 2.6.32.15-g59b9e50 #17 Kernel
    Total overhaul of framework optimizing for speed. The fastest release yet!
    Added Power Controls in notification pulldown (Thanks JsChiSurf, DJZager and HeyItsLou)
    Added Hulu (Optional install)
    New Warm themed Market
    New default keyboard - Warm themed EVO HTC_IME (With arrows) (Thanks to DJZager - This guy is on fire)
    HTC_IME_MOD from RLS 3 is available as optional install
    New optional kernel designed for Warm TwoPointTwo by Ziggy471 (Thanks Ziggy471)
    Browser modified so text reflow is disabled when using pinch-to-zoom (Thanks Calkulin and SNQ)
    New font DarkStar/Coconut (Available as optional install)
    Brand new custom Boot Animation and dropped the boot sound (Thanks wrx4memp)
    WarmDesire FlipClock by Gomorrah (Available as optional install)
    Faster boot time
    Updated Rom Manager to 2.5.0.7
    Updated Sprint Football Live to 2.2.44
    Fixed debug icons appearing in Calendar app while using LauncherPro
    Updated Wireless Tether to 2.0.5 Pre14
    Sync / Charging titlebar icons now animated
    USB Debugging titlebar notification icon removed
    Updated Adobe Flash to 10.1.105.6
    Rom update now forces recursive delete of CACHE during install/update
    Updated Google Maps/Navigation to 4.7.0
    Other minor bug fixes
    And much much more..

Compatible Themes: Available at Source Link

Alternative Recommended Kernels:
    Ziggy471 Warm TwoPointTwo RLS4 Kernel
    HTC Stock 2.6.32.15-g0f673ed #10 Kernel
    Kings #11 CFS Kernel
    Kings #9 BFS Kernel
    Basically, copy and pasting will do the trick.

Later,
    Dave

Thanks to lowetax for the heads up on the release.
    Last edited by Big D5; 11-26-2010 at 06:54 AM.
    Thanked by:

Cant wait to check this out!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Left miui for this, it's sexy.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

ROM
    Stock

Oh man... probably try it out, but just end up back at Vaelpak... Love for myn's tho... Looks delicious.
    Android Lover

ROM
    Stock

Ive been using Myn since release 1 and absolutely love everything about it. It's beautifuk, snappy, smooth, and just all around great. This rom is no different. Keep up the good work and thank you for providing such an awesome Rom for us sense lovers. I look forward to any and all future releases.
    GSM Galaxy Nexus Takhju
    Asus Nexus 7
    Loving my Nexus devices. Do believe I will remain a nexus owner for quite some time.

"Browser modified so text reflow is disabled when using pinch-to-zoom (Thanks Calkulin and SNQ)"

does this mean that when i zoom in on a page, the paragraphs will no longer shift to fit the screen?
    "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    "Browser modified so text reflow is disabled when using pinch-to-zoom (Thanks Calkulin and SNQ)"

does this mean that when i zoom in on a page, the paragraphs will no longer shift to fit the screen?
    Yup.. Still scratching my head at why they would even wanna do this o_O Other than that seems like it's really good. These guys are really making some nice improvements with every update.

I still can't believe I thread jacked d3x's Mui thread months ago to shout out Myn's, and now BOTH are incredibly popular lol. What I like the most about Myn's is the theme... so damn nice.
    Last edited by Jerzyiroc; 11-26-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Yup.. Still scratching my head at why they would even wanna do this o_O Other than that seems like it's really good. These guys are really making some nice improvements with every update.

I still can't believe I thread jacked d3x's Mui thread months ago to shout out Myn's, and now BOTH are incredible popular lol. What I like the most about Myn's is the theme... so damn nice.
    Bwahaha that was a good thread. Too bad it died out

Via TT
    HTC Shooter

Stalk Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    thanks for the reply. yeah, i don't think i like the idea of the browser no longer having text reflow but it's definitely not a deal breaker, since i'm used to browsers on feature phones and blackberrys. this rom looks so clean, it might be the very first rom i flash on my phone (i'm rooted but have been running stock this entire time).

Text reflow should still work on a double tap. I believe what they are doing is giving it an aosp browser experience. In the aosp browser, when you pinch to zoom it doesn't reflow however when you pinch to zoom then double tap the screen it will reflow the text for you.

Swyped from my hacked supersonic via Tapatalk Pro.

I just re-installed the original Browser apk & I'm back and running Myn's Rom 4
    thanks for the reply. yeah, i don't think i like the idea of the browser no longer having text reflow but it's definitely not a deal breaker, since i'm used to browsers on feature phones and blackberrys. this rom looks so clean, it might be the very first rom i flash on my phone (i'm rooted but have been running stock this entire time).

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosruin View Post
    I just re-installed the original Browser apk & I'm back and running Myn's Rom 4
    whoa, nice. maybe i should look into this as well. this rom looks amazing. the first thing i usually do is change wallpapers but the one on here goes so well with it. haha.
    i'll have to take a look at installing the original browser apk and hopefully find the vanilla lockscreen and vanilla clock.
    thanks for the browser update.

ROM

Works great... As usual
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

This is a bad *** rom.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I know I always ask this, but coming from RLS3 do I need to wipe anything?

EDIT: Nevermind, read in thread he suggests a FULL wipe for optimal experience... I'll just wipe cache like normal and see if I have any issues... don't feel like doing a FULL wipe.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5

ROM
    CM7

Has anyone tried to update via Warm Updater? I tried but after the reboot I got the android with the triangle with exclamation mark inside...Just curious.

I will just flash normally when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO1Android View Post
    Has anyone tried to update via Warm Updater? I tried but after the reboot I got the android with the triangle with exclamation mark inside...Just curious.

I will just flash normally when I get home.
    If you're using Clockwork Recovery, this is why as it conflicts with WarmUpdater. I've had it happen before.

Since I like clockwork, I usually download via Warmupdater but hit Apply Later and boot into recovery myself to manually flash. If you want to actual use the functionality of WarmUpdater to do it all, install Amon Ra as Myn said it works with it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I know I always ask this, but coming from RLS3 do I need to wipe anything?

EDIT: Nevermind, read in thread he suggests a FULL wipe for optimal experience... I'll just wipe cache like normal and see if I have any issues... don't feel like doing a FULL wipe.
    Myn recommended a full wipe before flashing RLS 4
    if you didn't do a full wipe before flashing RLS 4 (3.95) beta.

i've seen posts that people did full wipes and fresh install of RLS 4,
    and then used clockworkmod recovery/advanced restore
    to restore their data, and had good results with no issues.
    ► HTC EVO 3D Shooter ► og HTC EVO (WiFi only)
    ► HP Touchpad ► ASUS EPad Transformer with Dock ► NOOK COLOR

whoa, nice. maybe i should look into this as well. this rom looks amazing. the first thing i usually do is change wallpapers but the one on here goes so well with it. haha.
    i'll have to take a look at installing the original browser apk and hopefully find the vanilla lockscreen and vanilla clock.
    thanks for the browser update.
    Here is the AOSP/Vanilla clock so you are 1/2 way there
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by nohbdyshero View Post
    Here is the AOSP/Vanilla clock so you are 1/2 way there
    thanks a bunch.
    in case anyone cares, myn has provided the browser with the reflow enabled in his latest update. just go to the original post and look for it under the other optional downloads section.

im barely getting started up on this one, been waiting for an update for a while.

just installing titanium do do back up but right off the bat first thin I noticed was the enable/diable option bar that you see with the drop down notification screen.

nice. thanks!

looking forward to using this. My reception has been crappy at home lately and hoping this might help

Quote Originally Posted by lowetax View Post
    Myn recommended a full wipe before flashing RLS 4
    if you didn't do a full wipe before flashing RLS 4 (3.95) beta.

i've seen posts that people did full wipes and fresh install of RLS 4,
    and then used clockworkmod recovery/advanced restore
    to restore their data, and had good results with no issues.
    I didn't do a full wipe, just cache and it works perfectly fine for me.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn Warm TwoPointTwo

Anyone care to give me some insight on how good/bad these benchmarks are? I just ran them for this rom to see how it turned out, but not quite sure on whether or not these are good or bad.

"When there is no more room left in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It can get better. A lot better.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Try the Ziggy kernel.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast