Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default i messed up and am completely lost need help asap

i decided that rooting my phone would be a great idea, so i got into it and looks as if the pc image was older than my current therefore it couldnt update or something idk even know. the radio_v2 it said fail-pu. when i tried to boot the phone up it gave me a red sign with an explantation point then i decided to clear storage and that didnt even work cuz the phone doesnt boot its frozen on the htc evo 4g screen, im currently downloading the stock pc image do i just put that into my sd card and down volume boot it? please help i just got the phone today and i already messed it up thank you!!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by stavros816 View Post
    i decided that rooting my phone would be a great idea, so i got into it and looks as if the pc image was older than my current therefore it couldnt update or something idk even know. the radio_v2 it said fail-pu. when i tried to boot the phone up it gave me a red sign with an explantation point then i decided to clear storage and that didnt even work cuz the phone doesnt boot its frozen on the htc evo 4g screen, im currently downloading the stock pc image do i just put that into my sd card and down volume boot it? please help i just got the phone today and i already messed it up thank you!!!
    Put the stock image on.

You have the newer Hboot, please see my thread label new root method for newer hboots.

Update - http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ew-hboots.html
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

well i cant even get my phone to boot up so how am i suupposed to do that? please no one is helping me

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Put the stock image on.

You have the newer Hboot, please see my thread label new root method for newer hboots.

Update - http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ew-hboots.html
    Last edited by stavros816; 11-27-2010 at 12:22 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

to simply for anyone who will help me. i used an older guide that wasnt for the new htc evos therefore the update for the radios failed. which lead to me booting into a red explanation point, so i decided to clear the storage, and now i my phone boots but it freezes at the htc evo 4g screen. i need someone who can help me put the original boot image or watever back onto the phone, remember then phone doesnt open

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn Warm TwoPointTwo

Have you tried downloading and running the RUU yet? I don't know for certain if it can be run from the boot loader, but it's worth a shot.
    "When there is no more room left in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Have you tried downloading and running the RUU yet? I don't know for certain if it can be run from the boot loader, but it's worth a shot.
    i dont think i can, any idea how?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

online it says i need to get my stock rom and flash it, how do i flash it without booting the phone!?!??!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Okay. Here's your fix, go to the unrooting sticky follow the directooms except when you run it make sure your phone is in fastboot. (Volume up+power boots you into fastboot.)
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

ROM
    Stock

On the main Evo 4G Hacks page there is the sticky by LiquidJesus on how to unroot your phone. Thats basically what you want to do, even tho your phone isnt rooted, you want to "unroot" it. THEN you want to find the CORRECT instructions for your phone. READ it BEFORE you do anything, then follow the steps accordingly. We're limited to how much we can help you here on the forum.