i decided that rooting my phone would be a great idea, so i got into it and looks as if the pc image was older than my current therefore it couldnt update or something idk even know. the radio_v2 it said fail-pu. when i tried to boot the phone up it gave me a red sign with an explantation point then i decided to clear storage and that didnt even work cuz the phone doesnt boot its frozen on the htc evo 4g screen, im currently downloading the stock pc image do i just put that into my sd card and down volume boot it? please help i just got the phone today and i already messed it up thank you!!!
    11-26-2010 10:23 PM
    i decided that rooting my phone would be a great idea, so i got into it and looks as if the pc image was older than my current therefore it couldnt update or something idk even know. the radio_v2 it said fail-pu. when i tried to boot the phone up it gave me a red sign with an explantation point then i decided to clear storage and that didnt even work cuz the phone doesnt boot its frozen on the htc evo 4g screen, im currently downloading the stock pc image do i just put that into my sd card and down volume boot it? please help i just got the phone today and i already messed it up thank you!!!
    Put the stock image on.

You have the newer Hboot, please see my thread label new root method for newer hboots.

Update - http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ew-hboots.html
    11-26-2010 11:04 PM
    well i cant even get my phone to boot up so how am i suupposed to do that? please no one is helping me

Put the stock image on.

You have the newer Hboot, please see my thread label new root method for newer hboots.

Update - http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ew-hboots.html
    11-27-2010 12:09 AM
    to simply for anyone who will help me. i used an older guide that wasnt for the new htc evos therefore the update for the radios failed. which lead to me booting into a red explanation point, so i decided to clear the storage, and now i my phone boots but it freezes at the htc evo 4g screen. i need someone who can help me put the original boot image or watever back onto the phone, remember then phone doesnt open
    11-27-2010 12:33 AM
    Have you tried downloading and running the RUU yet? I don't know for certain if it can be run from the boot loader, but it's worth a shot.
    11-27-2010 01:04 AM
    Have you tried downloading and running the RUU yet? I don't know for certain if it can be run from the boot loader, but it's worth a shot.
    i dont think i can, any idea how?
    11-27-2010 01:20 AM
    online it says i need to get my stock rom and flash it, how do i flash it without booting the phone!?!??!
    11-27-2010 01:24 AM
    Okay. Here's your fix, go to the unrooting sticky follow the directooms except when you run it make sure your phone is in fastboot. (Volume up+power boots you into fastboot.)
    11-27-2010 05:25 AM
    On the main Evo 4G Hacks page there is the sticky by LiquidJesus on how to unroot your phone. Thats basically what you want to do, even tho your phone isnt rooted, you want to "unroot" it. THEN you want to find the CORRECT instructions for your phone. READ it BEFORE you do anything, then follow the steps accordingly. We're limited to how much we can help you here on the forum.
    11-27-2010 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD