New Evo Won't Boot

wilkinkc

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, just got my new evo about 3 hours ago. Brought it home, found a nice rooting walkthrough and now it will not boot past the loading Evo 4g Screen. I think i have figured out what's wrong. I think I followed a guide for people with older hboot versions. Mine is 2.02.0000.

I am lost as how to fix this. Tried to go into recovery and that did nothing still won't boot.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
What root method did you use? Was it one of the stickies on this site?

Might as well try running the RUU and following the unroot sticky. Then start all over and reading everything first.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Make sure to read the root method completely before trying. This could help from making a mistake later on.

Hope you figure it out

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the method is even cited in LJs new sticky. All the info you need should be there. Igotsanevo4g made the thread for the new hboot...

wilkinkc

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Girlfriend works for sprint. A tech is gonna come over and fix it haha Manu thought I had it it was going so smooth then this Happened.

Yeah found this site after this all happened. Followed a YouTube walkthrough that was for older version I guess.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I think you should do it yourself, it seems like the easy way out... I mean, then at least you're familiar with both processes...

And if you did follow the wrong steps I think it'd be worse than not booting. Did you try a battery pull? Did you remove all the files from the SD card after getting to 2.1? You didn't really give us much to go off of. I mean, all that matters is you either achieve root or go back to stock... just my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke