[ ROM ][ 12-3 ] Calkulin's EViO HD ROM v1.5.3 [ Desire HD / Working Cams & Video ]

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
ROM ALERT:[ ROM ][ 12-3 ] Calkulin's EViO HD ROM v1.5.3 [ Desire HD / Working Cams & Video ]

Source: [ ROM ][ 12-3 ] Calkulin's EViO HD ROM v1.5.3 [ Desire HD / Working Cams & Video ] - xda-developers

Features
Based on rooted 2.2 / FRF91 - Desire HD 1.32.405.6

ROM includes:
HTC's #17 Kernel(Undervolted)
Most HTC apps
ADW Launcher
EStrongs File Explorer
ConnectBot
Facebook
HTC_IME mod
Quickboot
Titanium Backup
Wireless Tether
Busybox
and a couple more
(Removed apps are in the sdcard/Removed_Apps folder)

MODs included:
Tweaked system(Very FAST)
Moved dalvik-cache to cache partition
Disabled search button(Enable zip attached)
Removed haptic feedback from dialer & stock Android lockscreen(if you decide to use it)
Battery % on battery meter(ported from IncDoes build)
Removed USB Debug notification
Removed purple hue from most of Sense
Colored notification icons
Rosie app launcher displays 5x5 icons
SNQ's Reboot option mod
SetCPU config included
Upped MMS size limit to 5MB(Default is 2MB still)
Modded Flash Player so Hulu works
Annoying ads in programs are blocked

System has also been de-odex'd, apk's have been optimized & aligned

Known Problems
No 4G
No HDMI
Front camera doesn't work with 8MP fix
Front camera fix limits rear camera to 5MP(Workaround in FAQ)
Must boot up once with 8MP camera fix before flashing front camera fix(To prevent FC's)
Video recording at 720p shows greens lines
Voicemail needs to be set to your phone # in settings
Other minor issues due to this ROM being GSM ported to a CDMA device

If you like flashing ROMs and are curious what the next generation Sense has to hold check out this ROM even if you don't keep it running for long this is definitely a nice set of HTC Sense improvements

dray_jr#IM

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
This Rom Looks Great, is Very Fast, and seems to be very stable.
But i have found a couple issues so far i will list them below.

Issues:

App:
Locations
Problem:
With GPS, Wifi, and 3G turned on, i open locations, it list shopping, eating & drinking, Transit, Ect. But no matter what one i click on it comes up with No locations found, I have tried it at diffrent locations and i still get the same message.

App:
Dialer
Problems:
When i call to check the balence on my food stamps it ask me to hit 1 for english and 2 for spanish, i can hit ! for english, But next i have to dial my Card number and it doesnt respond to me dialing in my card number it just keeps askin me to dial my card number. I also tried callin sprint at 1-800-spr-int1 and i still cant get it to go threw the automated system it never responds to me pushing any numbers.

So far that is all i have found wrong so far if i find anything else i will update this post.

Thanks

Only Issue
App: Location
Problem: When i click on Resturant, Or Atractions it can never find anything. no matter what i do. Gps, 3g, Wifi still wont find anything
Other then that great Rom

Last edited:

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Fix for the GPS issue put the HTC Locations widget on your today screen tap the middle button (Menu) on the widget on the next screen tap menu upgrade. From here tap the third tap looks like a map you have to download the map for your area. Once downloaded you will have all the businesses in your area.

Let me know if that works.
Dave