1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just flashed rom Stuck at boot logo

I have an EVO that I just used RUU supersonic 1.32.651.1 to get to factory defaults. Then I used unrevoked 3 to root. Then I tried to flash Myn's warm two point two using Jerzyiroc's How to flash a ROM and kernel on your HTC Evo 4G youtube. Now my phone is stuck at the "htc evo 4g" boot screen for < 10min... I pulled the battery and restarted, but it still won't get past the boot logo?

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jekone View Post
    I have an EVO that I just used RUU supersonic 1.32.651.1 to get to factory defaults. Then I used unrevoked 3 to root. Then I tried to flash Myn's warm two point two using Jerzyiroc's How to flash a ROM and kernel on your HTC Evo 4G youtube. Now my phone is stuck at the "htc evo 4g" boot screen for < 10min... I pulled the battery and restarted, but it still won't get past the boot logo?
    You Forgot to Wipe Data Cache and Dalvik
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Did you get it fixed?

Dave

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

what is dalvik cache? I had never deleted it before when installing new roms... I was trying to install myns new rom as well and was having the same problem with the boot. sooo now i'll be deleting dalvik cache and tryng again
    thanks

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jekone View Post
    you can reboot into recovery (power button + volume down key) and install a nandroid backup or other rom...

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mariolive7 View Post
    what is dalvik cache? I had never deleted it before when installing new roms... I was trying to install myns new rom as well and was having the same problem with the boot. sooo now i'll be deleting dalvik cache and tryng again
    thanks
    Update: still not working...about to install the previous version again...

ROM
    Myn RLS4/ King CFS 10

you go the new evo? with 3.30 update? you might have some difficulty with the ROMs as I am having...

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by denis_c View Post
    you go the new evo? with 3.30 update? you might have some difficulty with the ROMs as I am having...
    Try booting into recovery, reset data, wipe cache, then flash.

ROM
    Myn RLS4/ King CFS 10

no, ive done that, same thing

ROM
    Stock

connect your phone to your computer, charge only, debugging on. power down, power up into recovery, then

open your adb terminal

enter: adb start-server

then: adb logcat

try flashing the ROM and watch the log... see if you can find the error, if not copy and paste the log and send it to me.

ROM
    Myn RLS4/ King CFS 10

Flashing the EVERLOV ROM and ERR @

"E: Can't symlink /system/xbin/[
    E:Failure at line 43:
    symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[
    Installation aborted."

EDIT: the thing is that on different ROMS i get different line ERRS
    one of them, I think MYN has an err at line 15 and cm 6.1 has an ERR at line 5
    Last edited by denis_c; 12-13-2010 at 06:56 PM.

ROM
    Stock

It sounds like there is an issue with the phones bootloader and not the ROMs themselves. Have you tried to unroot and re-root yet?

ROM
    Myn RLS4/ King CFS 10

is there a significant way to unroot, I was thinking about it, but am slightly frightened to brick it...plus i cant find the latest RUU on here, the ones i found are older...like 3.28 older

ROM
    Stock

Well... you'll have to download HTC Sync on a PC and run the RUU... There's a guide on here. I don't know the latest RUU that's out... BUT, even if you run the RUU with an older version, then you go ahead and re-root your phone, you'll be able to flash 2.2 ROMs.

ROM
    Myn RLS4/ King CFS 10

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post
    Well... you'll have to download HTC Sync on a PC and run the RUU... There's a guide on here. I don't know the latest RUU that's out... BUT, even if you run the RUU with an older version, then you go ahead and re-root your phone, you'll be able to flash 2.2 ROMs.
    this is from XDA i think ill try it and see what happens?

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post
    It sounds like there is an issue with the phones bootloader and not the ROMs themselves. Have you tried to unroot and re-root yet?
    If unroot and reroot do I loose my nandroid restore points? Any other alternative?