I have an EVO that I just used RUU supersonic 1.32.651.1 to get to factory defaults. Then I used unrevoked 3 to root. Then I tried to flash Myn's warm two point two using Jerzyiroc's How to flash a ROM and kernel on your HTC Evo 4G youtube. Now my phone is stuck at the "htc evo 4g" boot screen for < 10min... I pulled the battery and restarted, but it still won't get past the boot logo?
    12-10-2010 03:11 PM
    I have an EVO that I just used RUU supersonic 1.32.651.1 to get to factory defaults. Then I used unrevoked 3 to root. Then I tried to flash Myn's warm two point two using Jerzyiroc's How to flash a ROM and kernel on your HTC Evo 4G youtube. Now my phone is stuck at the "htc evo 4g" boot screen for < 10min... I pulled the battery and restarted, but it still won't get past the boot logo?
    You Forgot to Wipe Data Cache and Dalvik
    12-10-2010 03:31 PM
    Did you get it fixed?

Dave
    12-11-2010 06:48 AM
    what is dalvik cache? I had never deleted it before when installing new roms... I was trying to install myns new rom as well and was having the same problem with the boot. sooo now i'll be deleting dalvik cache and tryng again
    thanks
    12-12-2010 10:52 PM
    you can reboot into recovery (power button + volume down key) and install a nandroid backup or other rom...
    12-12-2010 10:55 PM
    what is dalvik cache? I had never deleted it before when installing new roms... I was trying to install myns new rom as well and was having the same problem with the boot. sooo now i'll be deleting dalvik cache and tryng again
    thanks
    Update: still not working...about to install the previous version again...
    12-12-2010 10:56 PM
    you go the new evo? with 3.30 update? you might have some difficulty with the ROMs as I am having...
    12-13-2010 01:37 AM
    you go the new evo? with 3.30 update? you might have some difficulty with the ROMs as I am having...
    Try booting into recovery, reset data, wipe cache, then flash.
    12-13-2010 02:35 PM
    no, ive done that, same thing
    12-13-2010 02:44 PM
    connect your phone to your computer, charge only, debugging on. power down, power up into recovery, then

open your adb terminal

enter: adb start-server

then: adb logcat

try flashing the ROM and watch the log... see if you can find the error, if not copy and paste the log and send it to me.
    12-13-2010 06:03 PM
    Flashing the EVERLOV ROM and ERR @

"E: Can't symlink /system/xbin/[
    E:Failure at line 43:
    symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[
    Installation aborted."

EDIT: the thing is that on different ROMS i get different line ERRS
    one of them, I think MYN has an err at line 15 and cm 6.1 has an ERR at line 5
    12-13-2010 06:47 PM
    It sounds like there is an issue with the phones bootloader and not the ROM's themselves. Have you tried to unroot and re-root yet?
    12-13-2010 06:50 PM
    is there a significant way to unroot, I was thinking about it, but am slightly frightened to brick it...plus i cant find the latest RUU on here, the ones i found are older...like 3.28 older
    12-13-2010 06:54 PM
    Well... you'll have to download HTC Sync on a PC and run the RUU... There's a guide on here. I don't know the latest RUU that's out... BUT, even if you run the RUU with an older version, then you go ahead and re-root your phone, you'll be able to flash 2.2 ROMs.
    12-13-2010 06:58 PM
    Well... you'll have to download HTC Sync on a PC and run the RUU... There's a guide on here. I don't know the latest RUU that's out... BUT, even if you run the RUU with an older version, then you go ahead and re-root your phone, you'll be able to flash 2.2 ROMs.
    this is from XDA i think ill try it and see what happens?

[GUIDE] How to Unroot the EVO in 2 STEPS - xda-developers
    12-13-2010 07:08 PM
    It sounds like there is an issue with the phones bootloader and not the ROM's themselves. Have you tried to unroot and re-root yet?
    If unroot and reroot do I loose my nandroid restore points? Any other alternative?
    12-14-2010 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD