Boot animation

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I'm trying to find the boot animation that has the android robot peeing on apple. I've searched and found link on xda but its not downloading. Also its not flashable, can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks guys

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
the way that I've learned to work with bootanimations is thru the ADB. I can advise you on that method if you'd like...

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Use adb push like truslide said. Just plug your phone in, pull open your terminal. make sure you have the bootanimation.zip in your sdk tools folder and type:

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource

If you want to test it out without having to reboot your phone, in the terminal type:

adb shell
bootanimation

Press ctl C to stop the animation

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
OK I haven't used adb so excuse the dumb questions. But do I have to have certain software installed in my computer? Also does anyone have a link this animation that works on myns rom?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
in order to get the animation you'll have to install the ROM and pull the bootanimation from the ROM's framework.

Go to developer.android.com and then check it out. There's a lot of valuable information on there. Including the SDK (software development kit)

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh OK thanks! I have a custom boot animation on right now that I got on myns page. I didn't have to go through all this process. I installed all from my phone without using a PC. I was just wondering if there was a thread I overlooked with boot animations "ready to go ".
I just don't have access to PC for a while, and I saw somebody with that animation and just had to have it.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
... i advise that you learn this stuff if youre going to continue to have a phone with superuser permissions. Just a suggestion. Not everything you want is going to be flashable...

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree believe me, I'd rather learn this stuff myself then have to post newbie questions on this forum. I've read quite a bit of "why don't you use the search " or the "why don't you read the info yourself if your going to have a rooted phone?". And to a certain extent I agree, and I actually did read the adb basics thread. Thank you for the link for that, it was very informative. But as I've said I don't have a computer right now, in fact my evo is my comp for the time being. If I had one trust me I'd be on it trying all this fun stuff. Call me impatient but I just wanted this before I forgot about it. Don't know when I'll be getting a computer, soon I hope. Thank you for all your help, I will do a better job of searching. Just thought I might get lucky!