Second indicator LED

nullr

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Today I downloaded wimax indicator app and noticed after several months of owning this phone that there is a second indicator LED on the right hand side of speaker that glows red and green (different green than left hand LED). I have used a couple of LED indicator apps but this is the first time I have seen this LED. Is there a way to control this LED for other warnings or can only the left one do that?

YouTube - Evo second indicator LED Video for of the LED im talking about.

nullr

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I misunderstood the purpose of the program. I thought it was to notify me when I was in range of WiMax since I live in an area without 4g. The app does just what I was asking it uses the right LED (which is guess is the WiMax LED) to notify new messages. If anyone would like it pm ill send you the link.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I used it a few months back when I was running Baked Snack but I found it was unreliable. It only worked about 50% of the time. I think it was a conflict with the ROM I was running.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I used it too, but it kept force closing on me with the Frost rom.

After taking the app out, I decided it wasn't so necessary after all. Albeit, it is cool.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I misunderstood the purpose of the program. I thought it was to notify me when I was in range of WiMax since I live in an area without 4g. The app does just what I was asking it uses the right LED (which is guess is the WiMax LED) to notify new messages. If anyone would like it pm ill send you the link.

Yeah, the name of the app is a little bit of a misnomer. I was having the force close issues as well but went to the main thread on XDA and reinstalled the apk meant for rooted phones (there's a link in the thread somewhere towards the end) and haven't had a force close sense (pun intented) :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463