[ROM] VaelPak 3.0 [12/20/10] - NonSense - [HTC 184.108.40.206#15][FPSU] - 3.70.651.1 OTA
VaelPak is a Sense based Non-Sense ROM with lots of tweaks and goodies.
To flash this put the zip on your sd card, then either flash it from Rom Manager or manually from recovery. If you just rooted or are coming from another rom, you must do a factory(data) wipe.
Based on 3.29.651.5 OTA with 3.30.651.2 and 3.70.651.1 slipstreamed in
Packaged with HTC kernel 220.127.116.11 #15
Removed ((will be) available via VaelPak Settings)
- Almost all traces of Sense UI
- All Sprint apps except Voicemail & Navigation
Left in needed files for
- Facebook Sync
- Twitter Sync
- Fancy Widget (clock/weather widget)
- Brightness Level
- Rom Manager
- File Expert
- Battery Snap
- Launcher Pro
- ADW Launcher
- DSP Manager
- Titanium Backup
- XDA App
- Google Reader
- Real Calc
- VaelPak Settings
Replaced with AOSP versions
- Email (Gingerbread)
- Calendar (Gingerbread)
- MMS (Gingerbread)
Side by side AOSP & Sense to choose
- Contacts & Dialer (packaged deal) (Gingerbread)
- Gallery (AOSP is 3D Gingerbread gallery)
- Sprint has finally included Swype in the 3.70 OTA so I can add it back in without violating any XDA or AC terms. It must still be enabled in Settings after flashing.
Additional features include
- Fully functioning Hotspot / USB Tether
- Added Roam Only option
- Updated Browser to version that has mobile browsing toggle
- Added power menu mod (Reboot / Rapid Reboot / Recovery / HBoot)
- Custom Super User increasing prompt time out to 20 seconds
- Gingerbread keyboard - Blue theme thanks to JerzyIroc
- Added language & wifi settings in Setup Wizard. Removed tutorial page.
- Enabled auto-connect for A2DP
- Made the new HTC Loggers app visible in the app drawer
- MMS limit raised to 5MB (will apply after first reboot)
- Translucent notification drop down background
- Smooth Sense icons
- Removed debugging & GPS reticle from notification bar
- Battery percentage
- Animated sync icon
- System Font Changer
- System and Framework De-Odexed
- Vanilla Lock screen - without the alarm problem!
- Busybox, Bash
- Custom boot animation, No boot sound
- Nexus Live Gingerbread wallpaper default
- Increased WiFi scan interval from 15 to 60 seconds
- Ad-block hosts file (Audiogalaxy host removed)
- Updated Maps, GMail
- Removed Handcent & ShootMe due to FC's when pre-installed
- Removed SwiFTP due to duplicated functionality in File Expert
Due to the nature of the changes here, a wipe is recommended.
12/20/10 - v3.0 / HTC Kernel 18.104.22.168 #15 - Download Link
If using Amon Recovery, be sure to have the latest version!
Do NOT use Clockwork 3.x! It is broken.
MD5 - 00bb86a4ec4a7406a6daf67985c5ddf4
If you like my work and wish to contribute a donation, I humbly accept and you may do so by clicking below. And thank you to any that do!
- 12-20-2010, 03:09 AM #2
- 12-20-2010, 03:10 AM #3
- 12-20-2010, 08:15 AM #4
- 12-20-2010, 09:30 AM #5
- 12-20-2010, 10:09 AM #6
- 12-20-2010, 10:26 AM #7
- 12-20-2010, 10:34 AM #8
I am pretty new to the whole rooting, flashing roms etc.. Well i rooted my Evo with Unrevoked, installed Rom Mnanager from the market, bought the pro version, and i download Cyanogen 6.1.. it was too easy! and its awesome.. k so my question is, how do I switch Roms? like i see the list of roms on the RM app, but for example last night I tried to switch to the MYN Warn Rom, and my phone was really buggy so i went back to CM. But i think i did something wrong because when you install CM is just ask for 2 options: backup and restore, and wipe and clear chace. When i download the other rom it has A LOT of other options like what kernel i want, what font... its confusing...what am i suppose to choose, and does it hurt if i choose more than one? Do i choose them all? Please help out a newbie to this.. also am i suppose to wipe every time i switch roms?
- 12-20-2010, 01:16 PM #11
- 12-20-2010, 02:07 PM #12
- 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM #13
- 12-20-2010, 02:30 PM #14
- 12-20-2010, 02:30 PM #15
Im doing the Unthinkable guys....
I'm Switching back to Vael!!!! !!!!!!!!
Admittedly Im bored with my EVO
and Im contemplating Cancelling my Tmobile BB and getting the Style on my Sprint Account...
Maybe This Rom will Spark my interest again... I can only hope
- 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM #16
- 12-20-2010, 02:41 PM #17
- 12-20-2010, 03:01 PM #18
- 12-20-2010, 03:27 PM #19
Okay so Im Flashed and Im setting up now...
I have to say you did a great job with transition animations
High Res mood is awesome I never tried it out I like it alot...
The Smaller Icons dont bother me at all...
the new Swype is awesome I love the Smoother Theme they used...
over all im impressed I will attempt to keep this for a few days...
one gripe WTF is the 4G Widget?!
- 12-20-2010, 05:02 PM #20
- 12-20-2010, 05:05 PM #21
I found a Feature I need that I dont want to Pay for Which if at all Possible Vael I would love!!!!!
I have a Group I need Which I cannot Access
Its Vital to my Volunteer work and the main reason I will be Flashing back to Myn After I get home...
I love the Rom but I need this as a Feature
- 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM #22
- 12-20-2010, 05:16 PM #23
- 12-20-2010, 05:36 PM #24
- 12-20-2010, 06:19 PM #25