Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Captain_Throwback
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck at HTC white screen

Just installed my first custom rom onto my phone (Myn's Warm Two Point) Everything went smooth it said the rom loaded successfully. I went to reboot system now and now my phone has been stuck at the white htc EVO screen for the past 30 min. I even tried pulling the battery and starting my phone up but it does the same thing. What is wrong and what should I do?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks59 View Post
    Just installed my first custom rom onto my phone (Myn's Warm Two Point) Everything went smooth it said the rom loaded successfully. I went to reboot system now and now my phone has been stuck at the white htc EVO screen for the past 30 min. I even tried pulling the battery and starting my phone up but it does the same thing. What is wrong and what should I do?
    Welcome to AC!

pull the battery, start the phone by holding down the volume down button and power button at the same time, only release your fingers when the white fastboot screen pops up, then select bootloader, then select recovery

in recovery make sure to wipe data,cache,system,sd-ext, dalvik

then reflash your rom and reboot.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    Welcome to AC!

pull the battery, start the phone by holding down the volume down button and power button at the same time, only release your fingers when the white fastboot screen pops up, then select bootloader, then select recovery

in recovery make sure to wipe data,cache,system,sd-ext, dalvik

then reflash your rom and reboot.

What he said...

And congrats on your first mistake...

Make it ur Mantra

When in doubt Restore

Always Wipe when Flashing a new Rom

Never Forget to make a Back up once you have everything set up...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the info i will try it again.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried it again and im geting the same problem. I wiped the data and system, cache, and dalvik. Any suggestions on what i can do to get the Rom to work?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks59 View Post
    I tried it again and im geting the same problem. I wiped the data and system, cache, and dalvik. Any suggestions on what i can do to get the Rom to work?
    In recovery, do wipe all user data, then make sure you get data, system, cache, sd-ext and dalvik - if this doesn't work when you do it again you may have gotten a bad download of the rom.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

How do you wipe the sd-ext. I use clockwork and dont see where to wipe the sd-ext.

Does everyone use amon ra? Maybe this guy is using Clockwork.. if so only options he has are wipe data/factory resest and wipe cache (and dalvik through advanced).... so do those and reflash or restore a backup.

Lol man I just answered your question as you typed it!

I dont know why everyone here only gives instructions for Amon Ra.
    Last edited by digink; 12-21-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Does everyone use amon ra? Maybe this guy is using Clockwork.. if so only options he has are wipe data/factory resest and wipe cache (and dalvik through advanced).... so do those and reflash or restore a backup.

Lol man I just answered your question as you typed it!

I dont know why everyone here only gives instructions for Amon Ra.
    Sorry, I do use clockwork, you have to go erase user data or something like that on the first main screen, that will clear sd-ext.

Default Re: Stuck at HTC white screen

im having the same problem with my evo and im using clockwork but when i try to go to recovery mode it takes me to a black screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Get a different rom. Seriously.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by nadachu View Post
    im having the same problem with my evo and im using clockwork but when i try to go to recovery mode it takes me to a black screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point.
    Try this. In clockwork, go to the flash alternate recovery and download. That should get you to RA.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread-evo-deck

Install amon ra recovery through bootloader. Download through the link below

Downloan and Place PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sd card. Boot the phone into the bootloader by powering the phone down, then press the power and the volume down buttons at the same time. Once the phone boots into the bootloader the phone will automatically recognize the zip file. It will ask if you would like to update, select yes and let it do it's thing and you will be good to go .

Once in recovery wipe factory reset, wipe cashed and dalvik cash. Then flash new rom.

Easy as that.

Good luck

ROM
    5.07.651.1. linux v2.6.35

I tried that procedure, said main version is older. I am stuck also, but I can still operate the phone. I didn't lose anything was trying to install cwm 5.0.2.6. Please help, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

Quote Originally Posted by wally18324 View Post
    I tried that procedure, said main version is older. I am stuck also, but I can still operate the phone. I didn't lose anything was trying to install cwm 5.0.2.6. Please help, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks
    Follow the same procedure as you did previously, but instead flash this file:
    wally18324 likes this.

ROM
    5.07.651.1. linux v2.6.35

Thanks Captain, you've been a tremendous help. I finally decided to take the easy way out. But I still want to do it manually. I purchased Rom Manager. Got cwm 5.8.0.1. Now I am looking at custom Roms, do you have a fav. ? I tried to get s off, with revolutionary, does not support my phone Hboot 2.18. Not because I need to do it, just want to know how and what works. Again thanks for all the help. Can't thank you enough..

Lol that rom probably requires a partitioned SDcard. most of them do, some wont boot up unless you install it a particular way...just get a different rom, erase all data thru recovery menu flash rom, have fun