Phone may need rerooting unsure please help

tatman52

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I apologize to all if this is in the wrong category or this has been answered already. I am new to his site and relatively new to the ROMS and Rooting

Basically what happened is I rooted my evo in order to wifi Tether, this worked fine, however, i made the rookie mistake of updating my phone which may have removed the root because my root programs say i no longer have root priveleges.

Next I figured since its not rooted anymore I'd be able to update to the latest software 3.7, however this proved to not work either as the it will find the update when i search for updates and wont install.

Now i am confused, should i reroot my phone, and flash the rooted version of the 3.7 update rom, should i factory reset, or am i just stuck with this phone the way it is now.
Thanks in advance

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I apologize to all if this is in the wrong category or this has been answered already. I am new to his site and relatively new to the ROMS and Rooting

Basically what happened is I rooted my evo in order to wifi Tether, this worked fine, however, i made the rookie mistake of updating my phone which may have removed the root because my root programs say i no longer have root priveleges.

Next I figured since its not rooted anymore I'd be able to update to the latest software 3.7, however this proved to not work either as the it will find the update when i search for updates and wont install.

Now i am confused, should i reroot my phone, and flash the rooted version of the 3.7 update rom, should i factory reset, or am i just stuck with this phone the way it is now.
Thanks in advance

What version of software does your phone have on it now and is your s-off?

Reboot your phone in to fastboot by powering it off then holding vol down and the power button until 3 androids pop up, it will say what hboot versino you have and either have s-off or s-on, we can take it from there.

You can find your software version by going to menu, settings, about phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49