Never Rooted before

rynoinc

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
ADB troubles

I'm having adb troubles as well. I have been going over this thread over and over again but cannot get my computer to recognize my phone. I am using the [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - The Savior Edition - Upd. 12.26.10 method. The instructions say run the adb.exe included in the zip and i do but it still doesn't recognize my phone. I have software number 3.30.651.3. Hboot 2.02.0000 and hardware 003. I'm trying to read before asking a ton of questions but I am having troubles. This is much different than the preware i was accustomed to. Thanks for any helpful info.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having adb troubles as well. I have been going over this thread over and over again but cannot get my computer to recognize my phone. I am using the [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - The Savior Edition - Upd. 12.26.10 method. The instructions say run the adb.exe included in the zip and i do but it still doesn't recognize my phone. I have software number 3.30.651.3. Hboot 2.02.0000 and hardware 003. I'm trying to read before asking a ton of questions but I am having troubles. This is much different than the preware i was accustomed to. Thanks for any helpful info.

Hey, welcome to AC - do you have USB debugging enabled? from the home screen, go to menu, settings, applications, development, enable usb debugging.

Also, do you have HTC sync installed? - this is needed for drivers for your computer to recognize the Evo in usb debug mode.

rynoinc

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
thanks for welcoming me. i have been a secret AC reader for awhile now lol. the pre got old to me very quickly. thanks for your prompt response I will give this step a try.

biggjd69

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay Guys, I know I am doing something wrong here but I have been stuck on this all night. I download HTC sync on my PC and tried to do it from my phone, but my phone won't recognize HTC sync. Furthermore when I connect my phone to the PC it says ADB fails and driver not recognize. What step am I missing?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay Guys, I know I am doing something wrong here but I have been stuck on this all night. I download HTC sync on my PC and tried to do it from my phone, but my phone won't recognize HTC sync. Furthermore when I connect my phone to the PC it says ADB fails and driver not recognize. What step am I missing?

Don't use HTC sync on your phone, just install the application that you downloaded and connect the phone to your PC, then turn on USB debugging.

biggjd69

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I did as you said and I downloaded HTC sync. I opened it, then I plugged my phone into my laptop and I still got the same meesage the phones says "HTC sync is not found on your PC" and ADB failed and could successfully installed drivers. This is just the first step and I can't get past that. I don't see anyone with this problem in the beginning. Can anyone HELP

evoswimmer

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I did as you said and I downloaded HTC sync. I opened it, then I plugged my phone into my laptop and I still got the same meesage the phones says "HTC sync is not found on your PC" and ADB failed and could successfully installed drivers. This is just the first step and I can't get past that. I don't see anyone with this problem in the beginning. Can anyone HELP

Do NOT hit HTC Sync on your phone.

1) Install HTC Sync from the link
2) Leave your phone on "Charge Only"
3) Turn on USB Debugging

Reactions: biggjd69

biggjd69

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay Fred or anyone, something is wrong here. I did every step you said and when I debugg my phone is goes into installing device on my pc, then it says encountered a problem while installing and no where is there a command prompt. Please help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463