am i screwed

ckc90745

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
hi everybody could some one tell if i brick my phone, i rooted my phone and installed fresh evo rom on it everything was working perfect try to install the gingerbread keyboard, GingerBreadLatinIME.zip after it said it was install i try to reboot but it got stuck on the white screen and it wont reboot, i then go back and try to install freshevo again it looks like everything is ok until it gets to writting boot.img it said asser faile: wrote_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img"."boot")
E:Error in /sdcar/fresh-evo-3.5.0.1zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.
can some one please helph

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install that keyboard once on my optimus s and had problems like that I had to hit the toggle signature off and then start flashing the nand back on ky phone and i was back to the state I had started before I tried to install try that

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the main reason why I'm a little hesitant in rooting my EVO. As stated in the above post - recovery mode seem to be able to fix the issue.

Good luck.

Ps. I will only root if someone do it for me. :)

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
There are tons of guides for easy rooting, or depending on your hboot/radio versions you can even use Unrevoked.

@ OP, just redownload the ROM zip file and re flash

Last edited:

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the main reason why I'm a little hesitant in rooting my EVO. As stated in the above post - recovery mode seem to be able to fix the issue.

Good luck.

Ps. I will only root if someone do it for me. :)

Haha. Me too man. It's not as easy as the Pre. I will also only do it if someone helped me.

Seven_Speed

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha. Me too man. It's not as easy as the Pre. I will also only do it if someone helped me.

i agree i still have my pre that was easy, but i have an hero to play and i couldnt do it all,,,,i had so much problem, and im getting the evo this week,,,unless some one do it for me, im not rooting it

ckc90745

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
hi everybody, thanks for all the answers, i was able to transfer a clean zip of sprint lovers rom, and was able to install it, back in bussiness, man i though i toasted my phone, but i am learning a lot, i think it has to do with the fact that i installed clockwork recovery, and it screwed up everything, it clearly says in the guide that you can not use that program, well all its well thanks God

ckc90745

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
its really not that difficult if you follow all the steps, it took me a while to figure it out, i did lots and lots of reading let me know if you want me to send you the all the links of what you need to read

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing almost exactly the same thing so I am going to stay away from Clockworks for a while till all this gets sorted out. I have read a couple of tutorials that look like they have everything figured out I might try un-rooting then root again just to see how the new tutorials go. I will probably do it this weekend.

Glad you got it fixed,
Dave

ckc90745

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
just curios, big D5 why do you want to use clockworks again since it has given us problems, i would just leave it alone. i installed fresh evo 3.5.0.1 it works like a charm, and my battery last a lot longer than it used to

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
2 reasons

1) ROM manager requires Clockwork to load ROMs

2) I just like to screw around with stuff "if it ain't broke don't fix it" well that's not me I'm more of a "lets brake something so I can fix it" king of guy.

Cool,
Dave

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
2 reasons

1) ROM manager requires Clockwork to load ROMs

2) I just like to screw around with stuff "if it ain't broke don't fix it" well that's not me I'm more of a "lets brake something so I can fix it" king of guy.

Cool,
Dave

Wow I didn't know you were a king. :p

You don't have to use ROM Manager to load ROM's. You could just do it the old fashion way and move them to your SD card after you download them. :)

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the amon ra backs up/ restores faster, has better menus, BACKS UP THE WIMAX PARTITION, and is easier to confirm.

I like clockworkmod due to rom manager compatibility, renaming of nandroids, flashing stuff that's not on the root of the sd and more options.

If only we could mix the two together....

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow I didn't know you were a king. :p

You don't have to use ROM Manager to load ROM's. You could just do it the old fashion way and move them to your SD card after you download them. :)

Fing spell check... lol...that's what I do now but it would be nice to have a choice

I like the amon ra backs up/ restores faster, has better menus, BACKS UP THE WIMAX PARTITION, and is easier to confirm.

I like clockworkmod due to rom manager compatibility, renaming of nandroids, flashing stuff that's not on the root of the sd and more options.

If only we could mix the two together....

What he said ^

Dave

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
hi everybody, thanks for all the answers, i was able to transfer a clean zip of sprint lovers rom, and was able to install it, back in bussiness, man i though i toasted my phone, but i am learning a lot, i think it has to do with the fact that i installed clockwork recovery, and it screwed up everything, it clearly says in the guide that you can not use that program, well all its well thanks God

I thinks the different recovery options are based on the HW revision of the phone. If you have a newer phone then the Clockwork recovery doesn't work. I have the older HW and Clockwork recovery works fine for me.

As for the Gingerbread keyboard, there was a post on AC with a link to the XDA site where you can get the apk for it. I wouldn't use a method that involves flashing a zip file to get the keyboard to work. I used the apk file and the keyboard worked perfectly. I just loaded up the Cyanogen MOD last night and its keyboard is just as good. I highly recomend the Cyanogen MOD if you are looking to get away from the HTC Sense UI. It's very stable and everything works great. There are a lot more customization options for just about everything and there are also some great options when using the camera. So far, so good. Tonight I'm gonna try out the KommyDroid ROM, which will put Sense back on, and see how it runs. But I think I may be a new Cyanogen fan now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci