HTC Sense/ Android contact Pictures

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to fix the blurry contact piture onthe Evo? And yes i know that all you Facebook fans have no issues with this because its different if you have your contact through FB because when you make a call to that contact it uses their FB picture and not the one in Gmail. Its funny how we can make things to take out bloatware, change the font, make free tethering, but cannot figure out how to make these pictures as clear and beautiful as everything else.:(

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about your blurry contact picture or the contacts picture itself?

I'm guessing you're not using FB contacts but Gmail contacts. So, my first thought would be to use a higher resolution picture for the gmail contact. If you can't do that, then you're kind of out of luck. If you use a higher resolution picture it might work alright.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i tried that already, and yes I dont use FB, never have never will. That kind of sucks though, its like the Evo has such a beautiful screen yet my pictures when calling out seem like I am using and outdated device.... kind of like a Blackberry.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I find that when you select a contact picture, if you select a small portion of the image (if you "zoom in" a lot) for the contact then it's blurry. If your selection is more "zoomed out" then it will not be so blurry. I haven't tried uploading a contact picture to my google/gmail account, but this is what I have notices when assigning a contact picture on the phone. I would image that the same concept is true on a PC as well.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Gmail contacts? try this yourself, and you will see what i mean, even if you use the whole picture, still the same thing.