Rooting on a Mac

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently following 2 threads on how to root.

XDA:

[Guide] How to gain root on 2.2 for Mac - xda-developers

AC:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/17766-how-full-root-evo-4g-mac.html

My HBOOT is 2.10.0001 so I turned away from unrevoked. My device is not being recognized. I'm stuck on the "./adb devices"

Also please note that I'm not that experienced with these command lines and so forth, but I was able to navigate and see the files in terminal. I'm just not able to push them to the SD card to continue with this process.

Thank You

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Man its hard to get someone to explain this in english, I as well want to know how to root with a Mac, but everytime i try to follow someones steps, i get lost and confused. I wish Unrevoked would hurry but I honestly dont even think they will have anything until late Januaryif so. Is there someone out there that can make a video on how to do this on a Mac ? Or at least steps by steps with pictures. I want to root my EVO! LOL

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Both those threads are outdated. BTW... if you want to message me on gtalk or something i'll explain all those command lines to you. You have a very new hboot, I doubt there's anything out there to root your phone yet.

I didn't see the command line for ./adb devices that you were talking about either.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
never mind, i see it.

#1. do you have the most recent SDK?

#2. Where is your SDK located? To make it easy, you should move it to your dsektop.

If you want to see the devices, open a new terminal, make sure your phone has android debugger mode checked off in the applications settings under development, then plug your phone in. Once your phone is pluged in, in the terminal type

./adb devices or
adb devices

if that doesn't work, then you should navigate to the sdk/tools folder so it will be

cd desktop/sdk/tools

once in the tools folder, go ahead and try the "adb devices" command.

you can also try
./adb start-server

to try to get the server going.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
BTW the team at Unrevoked just posted on twitter that their new version will be out tomorrow!!!!!! YESSS!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781