Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default unrevoked 3.3 ? ? ? help

I cant install unrevoked 3.3 is keep says that the firmware is to new ?? Anyone one else having this happen to them. Is there some thing i can do to fix this ? please help. I been tring to root forever

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

I just rooted last night, first time, using unrevoked 3.3 and had no problems. First, I installed the windows drivers as instructed, then just followed the directions, went off without a hitch. Hardware ver 0002 w/ 2.10
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here

I just rooted my evo today with unrevoked 3.3. I had to do it twice the first time it said internal error failed root, but the second time went smoth.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I am trying to root with unrevoked and I keep getting a notification on my homescreen saying Zysploit must be force closed. I have tried running unrevoked several times, even tried leaving the force close notification up without hitting force close. After every attempt I get the "Error; failed to get root. Is your firmware too new?" Anybody know what else I could try?

Maybe try doing a factory reset and then doing it with a clean slate?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I had the same problem at first. I did it 3 times. The first 2 times didn't work. When I plugged my phone in to the "charge" mode it didn't work. Once I switched it to the "disk drive"( if I'm correct. It's the third option) it worked. Hardware 003

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Are you guys sure usb debugging is enabled?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I dowloaded unrevoked and when it says plug in phone with USB nothing happens. As a matter a fact I get a message on my pc saying "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" Help please

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Follow the directions for unrevoked, which specify installing hboot drivers for windows.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I ran the beta unrevoked and got root. I understand the 3.3 version has some bug fixes. Can I use it to fix "bugs"? or do I have to unroot first and then root again?

ROM
    UNleashed Z one/net4.3sbc

Quote Originally Posted by natemp21 View Post
    I ran the beta unrevoked and got root. I understand the 3.3 version has some bug fixes. Can I use it to fix "bugs"? or do I have to unroot first and then root again?
    if your already rooted...you have root....no need to do it again...that is the problem using unrevoked because you have no idea what its doing behind the scenes so if something goes wrong you have no way to troubleshoot.

so as long as you got the superuser icon in the app drawer and you can run titanium backup (because it requires root) and it works...your good to go.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGTP View Post
    if your already rooted...you have root....no need to do it again...that is the problem using unrevoked because you have no idea what its doing behind the scenes so if something goes wrong you have no way to troubleshoot.

so as long as you got the superuser icon in the app drawer and you can run titanium backup (because it requires root) and it works...your good to go.
    Hey thanks! I've just noticed a lot of my apps are crashing since "rooted". I wasn't sure if it was the root's problem or not.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I downloaded unrevoked modified USB drivers and my PC says " windows encountered a error installing" this after I hook my phone up to the PC through the USB. Can anyone help?

ROM
    Myn's warm 2.2 RLS5

ive got the same firmware is too new ive tried it 4-5 times now some say firmware too new others stuck at rebooting