Best ROM that supports 4G?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Any rom that is based off a Sprint rom will have working 4g. fresh, vaelpak, myn, evio, etc.

You should only change the kernel if you understand what the benefit is of what youre doing. For example, if you want to overclock, then you can use a different kernel for that.

However, the kernel that comes with myn's is great for regular use and battery life is great. Flash the colinph battery mod (same page you got myn's 2.2 ) with with his kernel it'll work great.

I would suggest fooling around with mods and different roms first before worrying about which kernel will give you incremental improvements.

hearture36

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried a lot of roms, I haven't tried vealpak but the rom I love the most is ava v10. You get great battery life and it has almost no bugs (if it has any at all) and it is a sense rom which I think is great also. It is worth a shot try it out.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll go ahead and suggest some that don't get as much attention as the big names like Myn, Vaelpak, and Cyanogen.

First is my favorite ROM, and the one I am currently running...VirusROM Airborne. This ROM has the Sense launcher removed and runs on LauncherPro. Virus does some amazing work with his ROMs. He also has other ROMs that have full Sense. He has his own website: InfectedROMs - VirusROM Android Development Website

Another one of my favorites is Manila Carbon Fiber. This is a very nice Sense ROM. Give it a look here: {Rom}xXBabiboi228Xx{Manila Carbon Fiber 2.2™}{RUU_3.70.651.1_Deodexed}v2.3/12-29-2010 - xda-developers

Also, just take a look through the development section over on XDA. There are tons of ROMs there, so you are bound to find something you like.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Virus does make quality roms I can attest to that.

Right now I went to mikfroyo 4.2 with netarchy 4.3 kernel.
Getting some real good battery.

snap20110103_183048.png

quantum_futurist

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've installed Myn and my 4G doesn't work. It switches between on and off really fast and then sometimes it'll go further and scan, connect, disconnect, and repeat.

Specs: myn's warm TwoPointTwo (RLS5)
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.25-netrarchy-toastmod-4.2.1-cfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass
PRI version: 1.90_003
PRL version 60674

NOTE!! I've already checked if my RSA keys have been lost and they haven't.

Any tips would be grateful, I'm going to flash Fresh tonight and hopefully it works.

Reactions: whale1977

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've installed Myn and my 4G doesn't work. It switches between on and off really fast and then sometimes it'll go further and scan, connect, disconnect, and repeat.

PRL version 60674

Any tips would be grateful, I'm going to flash Fresh tonight and hopefully it works.

Are you in an area where you normally have a strong connection? This sounds like a weak connection issue, where it tries to connect, then disconnects because the signal just isn't strong enough.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

PRL version 60674

Search "joeykrim" in the market and grab the wimax keys checker, and make sure you have your wimax keys. If you dont you cant connect to 4G, and you should unroot and swap it out at sprint.

quantum_futurist

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you in an area where you normally have a strong connection? This sounds like a weak connection issue, where it tries to connect, then disconnects because the signal just isn't strong enough.

Yeah, Downtown Pittsburgh, PA. I'm sure we have 4G there. My brother said his connected. He had Ava Z3

Search "joeykrim" in the market and grab the wimax keys checker, and make sure you have your wimax keys. If you dont you cant connect to 4G, and you should unroot and swap it out at sprint.

Yeah, I downloaded that already and I checked in adb with grep RSA.

I'd really like to keep Myn but if 4G doesn't work then I'll switch. VaelPak is looking good :D I heard 4G works on that.

Last edited:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Wimax is a LOS (Line Of Site) technology. You can lose signal when you drop down into a small valley or when there are too many building blocking your LOS to the tower. Were you and your brother standing right next to eachother when he connected and you didn't? If he was in another location and was able to connect, then that could have everything to do with it. I have a Wimax tower within a mile of my house and get 1-0 bars downstairs. If I go upstairs and sit next to a window facing the tower location I get 2-3 bars. This is just how Wimax works. You are going to get varying results in different locations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma