I want out!

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay Im about to start this.. but when it say "transfer the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your sdcard" How doi do that? Do i go to my computer?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to be a downer... but I guess you did ignore my post.

Anyway, take your time and follow the unrooted instructions, or do a full complete reset of the device. That should wipe everything clean, thus.. reverting the phone back to its original state.

Good luck.

hearture36

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Youssef7 I just had this problem yesterday, this morning I got my phone back to normal. I am curious which bootloader you are using? I'm going to assume for the time being you are using clockworkmod, in clockworkmod go to partitions and mount usb and then just transfer the pc36img.zip to the root of your sd card.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have the Stock RUU he can Flash thru Fastboot?

I think that would be the easiest thing to do...

He had a hell of a time rooting and he all ready posted he didn't know how to put the PC36IMG on the root drive of the phone..... (Isn't this simple common sense?)

I am no computer expert by any stretch of the imagination but rooting (the long way mind you not quick unrevoked method) and unrooting were relatively simple. Rooting was time consuming but once rooted flashing ROM's and Theme's was freaking super simple........ Specially if you just pay a couple of bucks and get ROM manager.....

I don't know....... He might be in way over his head.... Might have to find someone who has a clue help him.....

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
He had a hell of a time rooting and he all ready posted he didn't know how to put the PC36IMG on the root drive of the phone..... (Isn't this simple common sense?)

I am no computer expert by any stretch of the imagination but rooting (the long way mind you not quick unrevoked method) and unrooting were relatively simple. Rooting was time consuming but once rooted flashing ROM's and Theme's was freaking super simple........ Specially if you just pay a couple of bucks and get ROM manager.....

I don't know....... He might be in way over his head.... Might have to find someone who has a clue help him.....

i agree robbie lol i dont think theres hope lmao *shakes head*

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Go here: Index of /evo/stock/RUU/

Get this file: RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe

If you don't have a ROM on your phone anymore then boot in to boot loader, power off your phone, press the volume down key and power button until the white screen turns on, then run the file that you downloaded with the phone connected to your computer.

Reactions: DroidXcon

hearture36

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you try to restore you phone from your first nandroid and get it back to a stock rom? And then once you are back to that stock rom try flashing a newer stock from in clockworkmod and then trying the two step method to unroot, this is what I had to do for some reason.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I usually try not to back seat mod and i try to keep my mouth shut most of the time when i see someone get himself in a spot where everyone gets upset with them for doing something that was beyond what they were ready for ,,,,but i kind of see this kind of thing unproductive, yousef is obviously panicing and is looking for help. I know that i have been in positions where i wanted to run for help from the forums because i was freaking out. I'm sure Yousef will learn from the experience and get some more info before he trys to do something he is not completely confident with in the future. So lets please just help him out.

Get this file: RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe

If you don't have a ROM on your phone anymore then boot in to boot loader, power off your phone, press the volume down key and power button until the white screen turns on, then run the file that you downloaded with the phone connected to your computer.

Thank you Fred

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Could i ask why youd like to unroot? Fixing the problems your having usually wouldnt be that hard, and you have the community to fall back on.

Re-rooting (if you ever do) might get harder and harder as time goes on, keep that in mind while you unroot.
It IS possible to stay rooted but run the stock system, and you wouldnt ever know your rooted-This is what i suggest.

What problems do ya got?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

If you don't have a ROM on your phone anymore then boot in to boot loader, power off your phone, press the volume UP key and power button until the white screen turns on, then run the file that you downloaded with the phone connected to your computer.

It has too boot into fastboot in order for the RUU to run, its a no go on the bootloader. So its volume up + power. :p

Reactions: 2CupsWithString

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool