1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want out!

How Do I...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...urn-stock.html
    this wont work I tryed it more then 5 times..
    I'll bring some popcorn and coke. You get the forum up on your widescreen tv

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Try this one. Others have recently reported success when following it...

-Stay thirsty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Try this one. Others have recently reported success when following it...

Agreed... Simplest way.... Pretty easy...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay Im about to start this.. but when it say "transfer the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your sdcard" How doi do that? Do i go to my computer?

I'm not trying to be a downer... but I guess you did ignore my post.

Anyway, take your time and follow the unrooted instructions, or do a full complete reset of the device. That should wipe everything clean, thus.. reverting the phone back to its original state.

Good luck.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I need to know where exactly do I place the zip file...

Quote Originally Posted by Youssef7 View Post
    I need to know where exactly do I place the zip file...

it tells you in the instructions

Youssef7 I just had this problem yesterday, this morning I got my phone back to normal. I am curious which bootloader you are using? I'm going to assume for the time being you are using clockworkmod, in clockworkmod go to partitions and mount usb and then just transfer the pc36img.zip to the root of your sd card.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I Did everything! it wont work... I even did recovery and delleted everything.. but the Su is still THERE! OMG!

ROM

Anyone have the Stock RUU he can Flash thru Fastboot?

I think that would be the easiest thing to do...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

**** rooting.. i want out
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Helpp plz

ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

Why are you going back to the darkside?????

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Anyone have the Stock RUU he can Flash thru Fastboot?

I think that would be the easiest thing to do...
    He had a hell of a time rooting and he all ready posted he didn't know how to put the PC36IMG on the root drive of the phone..... (Isn't this simple common sense?)

I am no computer expert by any stretch of the imagination but rooting (the long way mind you not quick unrevoked method) and unrooting were relatively simple. Rooting was time consuming but once rooted flashing ROMs and Theme's was freaking super simple........ Specially if you just pay a couple of bucks and get ROM manager.....

I don't know....... He might be in way over his head.... Might have to find someone who has a clue help him.....

ROM
    UNleashed Z one/net4.3sbc

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    He had a hell of a time rooting and he all ready posted he didn't know how to put the PC36IMG on the root drive of the phone..... (Isn't this simple common sense?)

I am no computer expert by any stretch of the imagination but rooting (the long way mind you not quick unrevoked method) and unrooting were relatively simple. Rooting was time consuming but once rooted flashing ROMs and Theme's was freaking super simple........ Specially if you just pay a couple of bucks and get ROM manager.....

I don't know....... He might be in way over his head.... Might have to find someone who has a clue help him.....
    i agree robbie lol i dont think theres hope lmao *shakes head*
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Go here:

Get this file: RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe

If you don't have a ROM on your phone anymore then boot in to boot loader, power off your phone, press the volume down key and power button until the white screen turns on, then run the file that you downloaded with the phone connected to your computer.
    Thanked by:

Can you try to restore you phone from your first nandroid and get it back to a stock rom? And then once you are back to that stock rom try flashing a newer stock from in clockworkmod and then trying the two step method to unroot, this is what I had to do for some reason.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post

I usually try not to back seat mod and i try to keep my mouth shut most of the time when i see someone get himself in a spot where everyone gets upset with them for doing something that was beyond what they were ready for ,,,,but i kind of see this kind of thing unproductive, yousef is obviously panicing and is looking for help. I know that i have been in positions where i wanted to run for help from the forums because i was freaking out. I'm sure Yousef will learn from the experience and get some more info before he trys to do something he is not completely confident with in the future. So lets please just help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    Go here:

Get this file: RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe

If you don't have a ROM on your phone anymore then boot in to boot loader, power off your phone, press the volume down key and power button until the white screen turns on, then run the file that you downloaded with the phone connected to your computer.
    Thank you Fred
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Could i ask why youd like to unroot? Fixing the problems your having usually wouldnt be that hard, and you have the community to fall back on.

Re-rooting (if you ever do) might get harder and harder as time goes on, keep that in mind while you unroot.
    It IS possible to stay rooted but run the stock system, and you wouldnt ever know your rooted-This is what i suggest.

What problems do ya got?
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    Go here:

If you don't have a ROM on your phone anymore then boot in to boot loader, power off your phone, press the volume UP key and power button until the white screen turns on, then run the file that you downloaded with the phone connected to your computer.
    It has too boot into fastboot in order for the RUU to run, its a no go on the bootloader. So its volume up + power.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

When I unrooted once the Super User App was still present for some reason even though it didn't work. Just because you still have this showing up doesn't mean you are still rooted. Try downloading an App that requires root such as Titanium backup...if it doesn't work than you are unrooted.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I usually try not to back seat mod and i try to keep my mouth shut most of the time when i see someone get himself in a spot where everyone gets upset with them for doing something that was beyond what they were ready for ,,,,but i kind of see this kind of thing unproductive, yousef is obviously panicing and is looking for help. I know that i have been in positions where i wanted to run for help from the forums because i was freaking out. I'm sure Yousef will learn from the experience and get some more info before he trys to do something he is not completely confident with in the future. So lets please just help him out.

Thank you Fred
    I apologize, but the guy has at least 5 post in the last 24 hours... I think every one (Myself included if you read back some) have tried like heck to help the guy out but he seems totally lost and does not appear to even be reading any of the post as he is asking how to place a file on the root drive of his phone. He just keeps coming up with new post asking basically the same question and does not appear to be using or actually reading any of the information being posted in an attempt to help...

I wish him the best of luck... Again sorry if my post have come off in a negative light... I think 99% of the time I have always been able to easily get great information from AC and if it were not for this forum I wouldn't have been rooted or unrooted and back to rooted again as well as finding several other neat features or fixing simple problems with out the great help here...
    Thanked by:

Robbie I thanked you in my thread because you helped me out pretty quickly, hopefully this guy gets his phone fixed because it is very frustrating. I was having a very hard time with my phone yesterday and with some luck it is all fixed up now.
    Thanked by: