my worst fears

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i tried asking for help in another thread but no one responded and im in dyer need of help...here's the story...

i've been rooted for a few days now and started off with cyanogen mod...and i really enjoyed it...today i decided i wanted to try myn warm two point two. i did a titanium back up and backed up my rom on rom manager. i did the flash and that's when things started to go wrong. when the rom first loaded things just looked like stock but i had a cyanogen mod boot animation. after tinkering around for awhile i decided to just format my sd card and star fresh with everything...and that was after i tied to just restore from my bootloader in recovery it kept aborting the installation. after formatting the sd card i checked to see if i was still rooted and was. i had to download rom manager and tb again and tried to flash again. this time things seemed to work. the warm animation screen came up as did the rom... after thing loaded up i made a phonecall and the phone just rebooted all of a sudden. now it just continuously boots to the lock screen and get stuck. and if i do get past the lock screen i just get an error message of ..."process.phone ...etc" fc or wait...then it just reboots all over again...i tried to just restore the back up i had done before and just my luck i forgot to do another one when i had the chance. ( i says there is nothing there...) im using a mac and im not as tech savvy and i thought i was...i've tried searching the forums for help but i can seem to find anything especially about fixing this travesty with a mac...is there any solution to my problem or is my phone done with???? PLEASE HELP

Reactions: DandyAndy

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey ace, I think the initial problems were from not formating the partitions before changing roms. In ROM manager you just have to hit "wipe data" - you don't need to format your entire SD card either.

What I would do is download the rom you want, load your phone in to recovery (power off your phone, press volume down and power button until the bootloader loads up, then select recovery) then mount your SD card as usb storage in the partitions menu and copy over your rom that you want.

After it's copied over, go to the first recovery menu and select to erase all user data, then go to partitions and erase boot, system, data, cache, sd-ext, then back out one level and go to advanced and erase dalvik cache.

Then install the ROM from your zip card and reboot.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Woah Woah Woah, when you download a rom as a zip file you have to install it as a zip file, so pretty much you'll get the rom as "rom-name.zip" and then just copy that whole file to your sdcard, in recovery select "rom-name.zip" to install.

It's important to never open a rom zipped file that plan on flashing on your phone, if it's signed it will break the signature.

DandyAndy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Worked perfectly. I now understand the partition issue and how to correct it. Thanks @thefredelement for making my life a lot easier! Sometimes it's hard and frustrating to find the right thread / topic for what's going on with your specific device.
For future reference, can I use ROM Manager to partition SD card to fix this going forward or is there a better way to do this?
I also just purchased a Kingston 16GB Class 10 SD card to replace my stock SD which is nearly full. Is there any special precautions I need to take when I go to replace it? I would think I just need to flash all content on the old SD to the new? Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie