Boot Animation & Root Explorer

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Rooted my EVO 3 days ago and loving it. I havent changed my ROM yet but I would like to change my Boot Animation. I heard you can use a few tools to do this. The one I picked is the Root Explorer but I'm having problems. I can find the original bootanimation.zip under system/customize/resource. When I found the one i liked I named it bootanimation.zip and put it in the same folder & just renamed the original zip. When I rebooted I just got a black boot screen. What did I do wrong? Everything runs fine after the black boot screen.

Thanks

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Im still on my stock ROM I just Rooted my phone with unrevoked3. Is that what your asking me. I havent updated my ROM yet.

Can you also suggest a good rom to try out?

KommyDroid

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Im still on my stock ROM I just Rooted my phone with unrevoked3. Is that what your asking me. I havent updated my ROM yet.

Can you also suggest a good rom to try out?

Ah, you'll have to put a custom ROM on to change the bootsceen and such.

And what do you like, sense? AOSP?

KommyDroid

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

KommyDroid

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
And for the boot animation, when you download the ROM just open it to

system/customize/resource (in both ROMs)

And drag and drop the boot animation you want into the ROM you plan on flashing, replacing the original.

If it asks you to update the archive (something like that) click yes, and you'll be good to flash!

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
you could just use the adb... it's pretty simple..

when you find the bootanimation you want, you need to make sure it's a zip, if it's not you have to make it a zip, but when you zip it it cant be compressed. Anyhow... find the bootanimation, ensure its a .zip and then do the following

1. put the boot animation in the tools folder in your SDK
2. open a terminal/command prompt window
3. navigate to your sdk folder (if it's on your desktop it would be cd username/desktop/sdk/tools
4. enter the following command, adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource
5. to test it type, adb shell bootanimation.zip

if the new boot works, then do contrl+c to stop the bootanimation

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you need to read:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...fo-guide-rooting-faq-general-information.html

Your question specifically is answered here in that thread:
What is/How do i use Rom manager?

However, IMO, it's necessary for you to read that entire first post and get familiar with all of the things you need to do. In summary, you need to know the following before you should proceed with experimenting with ROMs... this is all covered or introduced in that thread. Let us know if you have more specific questions.
-Flash a recovery image to the phone
-Backup your apps with Titanium Backup (or some other way to backup your apps)
-Learn to nandroid backup/restore
-Learn to flash a rom/mod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non