What's New in the World of my Fellow Hackers, Devs and Power Users

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sup Fellas...

Figured with the new year *And the Lack of me wanting to post on here anymore* I'd Start a Thread for Discussions on new things for our beloved Evos

Current Set ups Roms Kernels and such

ROM: Myn RLS 4
Kernel: HTC #10 *Works awesome!*
Thoughts: I love this Rom I used to Hate Sense Until this Rom
I've gone thru many Phases on this phone and honestly I feel its time to move on soon
I can't wait to see what the *EVO* Brand of Phones has to offer this year...

*Side Note All these Unrevoked Threads are personally very annoying*

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So no more cyanogen or vaelpak? lol Im still running CM 6.1.1. with the default kernal as I get decent battery life and when i need 4g i roll with vaelpak 3.0 but i keep hearnig good things about myn's rom so i may give it a try.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As far as new goes, I think HTC re-did this bootloader and partition schemes for some kind of DRM stuff but I'm not too sure yet - pure speculation but I wonder if this has anything to do with NetFlix on android.

The EVO is holding up pretty good as far as the competition goes but I'm really going to take a look at that dual core tegra 2 LG phone and will probably pick up a XOOM as soon as I can.

Lately I've just been working on a launcher pro dock and some nicer icons.

The unrevoked3.3 / rooting threads are good for business, I'm glad to see people are still buying EVOs and want to get the most out of them, go android.

CM6.1.2 w/Bliss HD (stock kernel for now, waiting for Snap9).

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Most Know Ima Avid Hater on UnrEvoked Users... *Ones who just expect things to work and not Read*

I'm Old School I learned how to Root the Hard Way and never looked back...

Im actually super Excited for the Playbook 4G

That is going to be an amazing piece of Equipment

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I really don't like how HTC locked down hboot 2.02+, if you've ever had one of those hboots on your phone you'll at least have to use unrevoked forever to go s-off so I guess we kind of have to like it.

I know exactly what you mean though, I wish people just took a read and realized what it is they were doing. I don't think everyone will pickup everything going through a "standard" root process, but just being more familiar with the different screens can come in really handy after the fact.

I'm excited about the Playbook and even some WP7 type of tablets, I just really like gadgets, for home entertainment I'm really in to the microsoft (zune hd, zune pass, xbox live, xbox 360) eco-system that's my only android tablet reservation. But hey, what's wrong with 1, 2, or 3 tablets :)

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I really don't like how HTC locked down hboot 2.02+, if you've ever had one of those hboots on your phone you'll at least have to use unrevoked forever to go s-off so I guess we kind of have to like it.

I know exactly what you mean though, I wish people just took a read and realized what it is they were doing. I don't think everyone will pickup everything going through a "standard" root process, but just being more familiar with the different screens can come in really handy after the fact.

I'm excited about the Playbook and even some WP7 type of tablets, I just really like gadgets, for home entertainment I'm really in to the microsoft (zune hd, zune pass, xbox live, xbox 360) eco-system that's my only android tablet reservation. But hey, what's wrong with 1, 2, or 3 tablets :)

I actually just bought a Zune and ZOMG! Im impressed

Is the Zune Pass worth it though? Im using the 14 day trial and its a really kool feature which in my opinion DESTROYS the Ikraps Soul...

Wireless Sync and all I love it...

I still need to hook it up to my 360 IDK how that will work

but I agree I believe I will have by the end of this year a Rim Tab Google Tab and a Win Tab Maybe just maybe a WebOS Tab but yes im excited! :cool:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually just bought a Zune and ZOMG! Im impressed

Is the Zune Pass worth it though? Im using the 14 day trial and its a really kool feature which in my opinion DESTROYS the Ikraps Soul...

Wireless Sync and all I love it...

I still need to hook it up to my 360 IDK how that will work

but I agree I believe I will have by the end of this year a Rim Tab Google Tab and a Win Tab Maybe just maybe a WebOS Tab but yes im excited! :cool:

Definitely worth it. I don't know what I'd do without zune pass.

I think I'm gonna move this to general chat, though. Its gonna end up not being about the evo at all. :p

Sent from my myTouch 4G

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I really like the Zune pass and have it tethered off my Evo, so if I want some new music I just connect it over wifi, select a song I like and hit play smart DJ mix, just like the desktop software it'll download songs over the web and if I like them you can add them to the download cart right on the spot, so yeah I dig it.

If your zune pass ID & xbox live ID both are the same email address you can just grab the content through your pc and stream it to your 360.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Current Set ups Roms Kernels and such

ROM: Myn RLS 4
Kernel: HTC #10 *Works awesome!*
Thoughts: I love this Rom I used to Hate Sense Until this Rom
I've gone thru many Phases on this phone and honestly I feel its time to move on soon
I can't wait to see what the *EVO* Brand of Phones has to offer this year...

*Side Note All these Unrevoked Threads are personally very annoying*

Since I took a vacation in mid december, I've been heavily testing out VP3.0, CM6.1.2, and Evio. Before that I swore by Myn's. I love the speed of CM, but I can't give up the HTC mail app and EAS integration; stock client doesn't work for my company's policies, and I can't stand the other 3rd party solutions. I eventually settled on Evio.

ROM: Evio 1.7.6a
Kernel: Default undervolted .75v kernel
Thoughts: This rom is fun, but when's Myn's rls5 coming out? ;-)

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I really like the Zune pass and have it tethered off my Evo, so if I want some new music I just connect it over wifi, select a song I like and hit play smart DJ mix, just like the desktop software it'll download songs over the web and if I like them you can add them to the download cart right on the spot, so yeah I dig it.

If your zune pass ID & xbox live ID both are the same email address you can just grab the content through your pc and stream it to your 360.

Oh thats EPIC! Im Seriously Debating Zune Pass now woooo

Tether it to my Evo and im good in the Car even more Awesome... *See Still about the EVO* HAHA

Since I took a vacation in mid december, I've been heavily testing out VP3.0, CM6.1.2, and Evio. Before that I swore by Myn's. I love the speed of CM, but I can't give up the HTC mail app and EAS integration; stock client doesn't work for my company's policies, and I can't stand the other 3rd party solutions. I eventually settled on Evio.

ROM: Evio 1.7.6a
Kernel: Default undervolted .75v kernel
Thoughts: This rom is fun, but when's Myn's rls5 coming out? ;-)

RLS 5 Soon I hear... Exciting I have like 3 or 4 phones I need to update once that happens...

Which Reminds me I need to Finish the Half Root on my buddies phone in the Warehouse... *Screw UnrEvoked I Back doored that bIachhhh *

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Meh.. here an there... Myn keeps me quiet nowadays... Still got mad respect for you guys ... y'all help the masses wether they get it or not...

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint better pull something outta the curtain before my upgrade or imma outta here.

All the other carriers are announcing amazing devices left and right, and sprint gives us... the Desire z + 4G. Really.?

ANYWAYS, hopefully the HDMI mirroring of the other HTC phones that got released can be kanged and brought to the evo :D

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you love Myn or Vaelpak, you have to try Azrael X3.1. I've used Myn and vaepak but I love this better. Check it out

jack9offsuit

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Been trying out the mikfroyo 4.3 betas and let me tell you he is on to something. He has compressed a ton of files and this rom flies. It keeps up speed wise with cm6 imo. If you guys have a chance you may wanna check this one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair