Nandroid DATA

PaperMate3rd

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok a few questions 1st is it possible to load restore only the data from a nand back up to another rom. Example I have A full back up of MikFroyo V4.2 now 4.3 is out can I restore only the data from my backup of the 4.2 rom so that I have 4.3 with my same setup. (I know u can use titanium back up but it never seems to be a one or two click process like alot of people describe) and secondly can u restore a nand back up in AR with CW and vise versa? Any help/deailed instructions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok a few questions 1st is it possible to load restore only the data from a nand back up to another rom. Example I have A full back up of MikFroyo V4.2 now 4.3 is out can I restore only the data from my backup of the 4.2 rom so that I have 4.3 with my same setup. (I know u can use titanium back up but it never seems to be a one or two click process like alot of people describe) and secondly can u restore a nand back up in AR with CW and vise versa? Any help/deailed instructions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

When you restore a nandroid it erases everything you have on your phone before it re-flashes each partition. Sometimes you can flash one rom on top of the other if there's enough things similar it will work right.

Are you using the paid version of titanium? That does make things a lot easier.

You can not use a backup from clockworkmod on amon and vice/versa.

Reactions: PaperMate3rd

PaperMate3rd

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow thanks for the quick response...I am using the paid version of TB and I agree it has worthy advantages over the free version I still get a little lost in the menus sometimes. like when I run a batch restore for all my apps+data it won't restore them all I usually have to go back and do alot of manual installs and set ups. (Don't get me wrong still love it though) As far as AR and CW that sucks. I love CW and Rom Manager paid version who would but I just got a new Evo HWV 004 with he 2.05 Hboot and I swear Clockwork HATES IT! I upgraded to the latest version 3.5 I believe and when ever it reboots or does any kind of action my screen always does like a digital mess of colors before the action which worries me. And I just noticed things just don't work as well as the did on my old evo with the old CW version. Roms act all funky and the whold 9, So I switched to AR and my Evo has never run better.