Root My New HTC Evo 4g

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I would like osmeone who is more knowledgable than me to root my phone, I live in San francisco and if you live in the area and would like to meet up at a coffe shop or wherever that would be awesome. I could offer a smokeout, dinner, or whatever haha

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol man I wish I was in your area haha I would take you up on that
^__^ but I could help you if you have a laptop and some patience I will have you rooted nice and easy

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I would like osmeone who is more knowledgable than me to root my phone, I live in San francisco and if you live in the area and would like to meet up at a coffe shop or wherever that would be awesome. I could offer a smokeout, dinner, or whatever haha

i think youd be better off doing it yourself so you actually learn something...thats my opinion...if you have someone else do it for you, your still not gonna know any more before you started and your gonna want to do more stuff and have no idea how.......just my 2 cents....all ya gotta do is read read read. i promise this stuff aint that hard.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol man I wish I was in your area haha I would take you up on that
^__^ but I could help you if you have a laptop and some patience I will have you rooted nice and easy

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Really, you're offering to help other people root their phone when you failed at rooting yours even with our help??? :p Haha... j/k

Glad to see you're confident about navigating around your phone.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

I do agree with everyone else. The problem with rooting is that you're on a different path for upgrades, maintainence, and troubleshooting from the "factory" phone users.

You will be able to find help at forums such as these, and there's a ton of information out there. But ultimately, you're responsible for whatever happens to your phone, and you'll have to be the first point of troubleshooting.

If you want to root your phone, learning exactly what you're doing, and the impacts of each action will help you to understand what's going on in the future when you need updates or have problems. This is the primary reason why people have issues with "1-click root" methods. It's not that the "1-click" method doesn't work--there's sufficient evidence that it works--however, when something goes wrong the user doesn't know why and it's difficult to backtrack.

Good luck. Let us know how things go.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Use Unrevoked 3 does all the work for you. Roots the phone and flashes the latest ClockworkMod recovery. Thats what I used for mine.

I also used z4root off of the market place to root my wife's hero. This only roots the phone and does not flash a custom recovery. After rooted go to market place, download rom manager and it will flash the latest ClockworkMod recovery.

Honestly, I know I'm new to this and I ended up doing things the easy and short way and not learning all the adb commands and all. It really depends on what you are wanting to do with the phone IMO. If you are just wanting to get apps for root like free wifi tether, get rid of bloatware, and maybe flash a custom rom then I don't see the point of learning all of that.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Use Unrevoked 3 does all the work for you. Roots the phone and flashes the latest ClockworkMod recovery. Thats what I used for mine.

I also used z4root off of the market place to root my wife's hero. This only roots the phone and does not flash a custom recovery. After rooted go to market place, download rom manager and it will flash the latest ClockworkMod recovery.

Honestly, I know I'm new to this and I ended up doing things the easy and short way and not learning all the adb commands and all. It really depends on what you are wanting to do with the phone IMO. If you are just wanting to get apps for root like free wifi tether, get rid of bloatware, and maybe flash a custom rom then I don't see the point of learning all of that.

Unrevoked3 is not the best way to root a phone. It has messed up a lot of peoples phones. There are much better ways to do it that are basically just as easy when you read the directions. Like the way I posted in post #3.

Reactions: enzofall