You will need:
1. A 'sense' ROM currently running on your phone (I had Fresh 3.5.1)
2. MSL reader installed (get it from the market)
2. Have CM7 (build 17 worked for me) and the latest gapps (I used the ones from 2011-01-15) downloaded to your SD card
1. Open MSL reader and get your MSL (jot it down)
2. Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX#
3. It will ask you for your MSL, enter it.
4. Upon hitting OK, your phone will just say reboot in 10 secs, let it reboot.
5. After it has rebooted, boot to recovery (i used clockworkmod 18.104.22.168)
6. Nandroid backup (if you are so inclined)
7. Wipe cache, Dalvik and then wipe data/factory reset
4. Flash CM7 b17 from your sd-card or whatever version you want.
9. Flash gapps
10. Reboot and walk through set-up. Your gapps will be downloaded from the market. Wait for all the downloads to complete.
11. Use GPS as normal and enjoy the GPS goodness
I can't get credit for this, but it works and you can thank me when it does for you.
Can you just flash back to a cm7 backup after doing this? I don't really want to start all over again
Anyone else getting FC with voice search? I really miss it and I don't want to uninstall search to reinstall since I have heard of issues with mapping the search button once you remove the app. Any ideas?
If you clear the data for the Voice Search, that will take care of the issue. At least it did for me.
I'm running into a problem with the market not downloading anything after a while. Gapps install and then CM app restore does some but it stops and then nothing is able to download from market. I've tried the usual clear data from market.
I've been testing the build #22 today and it's pretty amazing. There's definitely a battery tweak. I ran 14 hours, phone call, email, gps, text, internet, my usual daily routine. I'm still at 48%. WTF.
Menu/Settings/Cyanogen Setting/Performance/CPU Setting/Max CPU freq. I got it set at max 1113 MHz and this phone rocks. The Min Freq. i have it at default 245 Mhz.
The only issue i had was NAV force closing upon starting a few times but minor issue at this point. I'm too lazy to fresh install Maps...haha. Far as the WiFi going to sleep issue, I resolved it by resetting my router for every new build I downloaded and no issue so far. I need WiMax, anyone have any ideas with CM7?
Tonay, I think it's time you flashed build#22 on top of #18, go for it, it's time #22 is a good one.
I Just updated to CM7 #23 and its SOOOooooo sweet! I went from Fresh, myn's, to now this. Great work! If another build comes out tomorrow or the next day do I just install it without doing the wipe data?