[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Good to know! Any luck with GPS yet?

GPS is still not working in CM7...but there's now a workaround that apparently solves the problem. Many people are reporting sucess; I just applied the workaround and gps is finally working for me on CM 7 #18.

You need to flash a Sense ROM, then use a ## code to do a total wipe on the GPS hardware (these codes are only available on a ROM derived from the official Sprint one).

When you enter the code, you'll be prompted to enter your MSL number, so make sure you have that before starting (there's an app in the market called MSL reader that'll get it for you).

Afterwards, you can go back to CM and the GPS works.

Details in this post on xda.

dances1000

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
ok so (imo) build 18 immediately is different if running cyan bread theme because there is more blue! Icons, not. bar icons, etc. Like blue battery!

My current experience with gps.

turned gps on and went into maps-found my location!
searched for "walmart"-found the one down the street!
before I had a chance to get up out of my chair-lost gps icon and navigation says searching....

restarted gps and it comes back on for 30-45 secs. i toggle restart in not. bar and its running again.

soo close!!!!

camera-check
camcorder-check
gps-almost
wimax-c'mon shinzul!

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Everything is working for me now except for the 4g and HDMI which are known since they are not in the firmware yet. I did the workaround for the GPS and it is working for the 1st time since version 7 or 8 for me. Real stable on 17. I do not plan to update until at least the RC now. Since it aint broke why try to fix it?

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
downloaded #18 and GPS is working. it's finally tracking and not losing signal. I tested driving on the freeway and it's holding the signal. all other times it was losing it as reported numerous times in the forum. Now Wimax and this Rom is complete. The best out there. Tried Everlov, Salvage and many others, this is the best. Very smooth. Build #18 is almost perfect just need WiMax.

htc evo
HW: 0003
Nightly build 18

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering is there a setting that shows the battery percent on the battery on battery indicator?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering is there a setting that shows the battery percent on the battery on battery indicator?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

not yet, features like that are still being added/ported from cm6. Some are there already, some arent.

Btw, i milked 15 hours of battery life outta build 18 + savaged-zen kernek v.0.0.4 :)

Last edited:

dances1000

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Man I just love the gingerbread feel and look sooo much. I had to go back to 4g though so I could tether my roku. 6 mbps on an austin tx server 4 on witchita ks. I can't wait for wimax and gingerbread. What do you guys think the official release would look like w/ sprint and sense? Would they have to implement sense or not? Do you think that is why the carrier takes soo long? I mean they aren't making ANY money on a 2.3 update push to existing clients, they are busy trying to shock the world(lol) w/ david blaine and some announcement, and only a relatively small amount of people are actually waiting to upgrade their phone to the first sprint phone w/ 2.3. Anyway I have more faith in the devs on xda than I do in my carrier.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure HTC is adding Sense to its version of Gingerbread. I personally just Nandroid over to a Sense Rom when I need to tether. Takes only like 5 mins.

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding I get a loop each time I try flashing one of these themes. I made note to update to a newer clock work recovery ...maybe there's a specific version number I should flash? Trying to get the 'bliss' theme.

Ok, do this:

Download Bliss to your computer.
Copy file Bliss to phone file folder "CMTheme". This folder is on your SD card.

Go to Recovety and do a full wipe and *hopefully you have a backup of your latest CM7 working Rom, if you don't then start all over fresh Rom, setting, sucks I know.
Anyways, do a full wipe and recover working Rom and reboot phone and check everthing ok., then reboot into Recovery and do Cache and Dalvik wipe only. Install from SD card/CMTheme/your Bliss Theme, flash and reboot and your good to go.

Last edited:

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, do this:

Download Bliss to your computer.
Copy file Bliss to phone file folder "CMTheme". This folder is on your SD card.

Go to Recovety and do a full wipe and *hopefully you have a backup of your latest CM7 working Rom, if you don't then start all over fresh Rom, setting, sucks I know.
Anyways, do a full wipe and recover working Rom and reboot phone and check everthing ok., then reboot into Recovery and do Cache and Dalvik wipe only. Install from SD card/CMTheme/your Bliss Theme, flash and reboot and your good to go.

** One last thing, make sure you have the latest nightly release of the Theme. The Themes are in sync with the latest CM7 nightly update. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital