[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does this post-1.5.2 version still prevent contact picture syncing?

I havent tried. If your having trouble I found this on a XDA Developers

Facebook Contacts do not sync:There are two fixes for this:
By phone:Open Facebook app settings> Sync Contacts: pick either sync existing if you only want to match up current contacts or pick sync all if you want to add Facebook friends to your contacts list.
Now open your Contacts app and select a contact to "fix": then hit Menu>Edit Contact>Menu>Join
You will have to do this will all bad contacts.
By computer: Start on your phone and go to Facebook settings and sync contacts as before. Then go to your homescreen>Menu>settings>Accounts and sync and manually sync BOTH Google and Facebook contacts.
Then go to your Gmail on your computer (You can probably do this through your phone's browser but I have not tested it).
Click: Contacts then "More actions \/" then "Find and merge duplicates..." Be sure to double check them!
After that be sure to go back to your phone and manually sync. It may alert you saying that a LOT of contacts have been deleted, just accept that.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone on CM7 noticed if you're phone is charging and you reboot, you're battery percentage jumps up. I don't know what's the cause of this. I'm using SavagedZen kernel also with the undervolting script from viperboy (but i've always noticed it before undervolting).

snap20110427_182349.png

You can see at the end, my percentage went on a vertical slope up.

Also, how can I improve my battery life? ...you can see how HORRIBLE it is. I took my phone off the charger at 7:30 to go to school. By 4:30 when I get home, it is 10% and that's normal. All i do is text and listen to music and occasionally on the internet (10 mins total on the internet).

teejay89

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on CM7 noticed if you're phone is charging and you reboot, you're battery percentage jumps up. I don't know what's the cause of this. I'm using SavagedZen kernel also with the undervolting script from viperboy (but i've always noticed it before undervolting).

snap20110427_182349.png

You can see at the end, my percentage went on a vertical slope up.

Also, how can I improve my battery life? ...you can see how HORRIBLE it is. I took my phone off the charger at 7:30 to go to school. By 4:30 when I get home, it is 10% and that's normal. All i do is text and listen to music and occasionally on the internet (10 mins total on the internet).

Undervolt more or try Tiamat. I know SZ doesn't play well with my phone but Tiamat does. If I'm not cruising the internet on my phone all day or playing games (slow days at work ftl), just routine FB/Twitter and some texting while at work I don't usually get below 80% battery after about 9 hours off the charger.

Reactions: Go Android!

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Undervolt more or try Tiamat. I know SZ doesn't play well with my phone but Tiamat does. If I'm not cruising the internet on my phone all day or playing games (slow days at work ftl), just routine FB/Twitter and some texting while at work I don't usually get below 80% battery after about 9 hours off the charger.

I love Tiamat, it ROCKS for my phone.

Here are the links for it if you dont already know:

[Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 3.3.8 | 2.6.37.6 | 4/24/11 - xda-developers

& Download link:
Tiamat AOSP Kernels :: Downloads

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
As for the changing battery % when rebooting, Wipe your battery stats, charge to 100%, reboot, charge more if needed after the reboot, wipe batt stats again, and use your phone till it shuts itself off.

After that, just use as normal and you should be good.

Reactions: Go Android!

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. I noticed today that my 4g antenna was refusing to stay on, much less lock on to the wimax network, in areas I know to have coverage. Switched back to Ultimate Droid, and all is well, but I'm disappointed, as I had just started making use of the mouse pointer add on with cm7 while mirroring to my tv.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Although Tiamat is snappier and smoother on my phone, it causes random reboots for me. So I just stick with SavagedZen.

As for the changing battery % when rebooting, Wipe your battery stats, charge to 100%, reboot, charge more if needed after the reboot, wipe batt stats again, and use your phone till it shuts itself off.

After that, just use as normal and you should be good.

I did wipe batter stats last night, but i'll try that step by step and hopefully, i'll have somewhat normal battery life... :p

Biffer

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
7.0.2.1 fixed GPS on my unit, but I continue to be unable (or sporadically at best) to download MMS through Handcent or the stock messaging app. When I hit the download button, it sits there for a couple of minutes then the download button appears again. Sometimes, I do not even receive MMS notifications.

I've seen similar issues on my GF's Slide, and clearing the caches seemed to fix the problem, but didn't do so for my Evo. I also tried deleting telephony.db, to no avail.

I had the same problem on RC2 (along with the GPS bug), so went back to Warm. I have no problems with MMS on Sense ROMs. I did a clean install when I came back to 7.0.2. I wish MMS would work for me on CM7, since it is my favorite.

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to get the wimax BFS Savaged Zen kernel but the link is broken on this page: Savaged-Zen (MOD) Mirror System

Anybody know where else I can get it? Haven't had any luck. Guess I could use the CFS one but would prefer the BFS.

I just clicked on that link and it works for me.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just clicked on that link and it works for me.

The link for SavagedZen-2.0.0-BFS-HAVS-WiMAX-GB-signed.zip? Cause it continues to give me a 404 not found. I believe that is the one I would want.

EDIT: Nevermind....I got it. It gave me the 404 the first time I click on it, but if I filter for just BFS ones, it seems to work (even though the link appears to be the same). Odd, but I have it anyways. Hoping this will help my piss-poor battery life.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so dumb question.

I already have CM7 and the gapps flashed to my phone.

I want to flash Savage Zen. Not sure of exactly what I need to do, so here goes:

1. Do I need to flash these (the ROMS and Kernels) in any order? Does it matter if I already have CM7 flashed....can I just flash SZ or will I have to re-flash CM7?
  2. Do I need to wipe data to flash a kernel, or just the cache and Dalvik? I really don't want to lose my current setup (screens, widgets, etc).

Guess one more dumb question: When I back up a ROM (using ROM Manager) and then I restore it, it doesn't include the kernel right? So if I restore a backup, it won't change my kernel back. Is that right?

Last edited:

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem with gps. My google nav works great, locks fast and continues tracking but Google maps does not. It lockes at first and then it either stops tracking or changes to the wrong location. If I keep gNav working and starts gMaps, it works perfectly. Any ideas?

By the way, this happens on any version of CM7.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so dumb question.

I already have CM7 and the gapps flashed to my phone.

I want to flash Savage Zen. Not sure of exactly what I need to do, so here goes:

1. Do I need to flash these (the ROMS and Kernels) in any order? Does it matter if I already have CM7 flashed....can I just flash SZ or will I have to re-flash CM7?
  2. Do I need to wipe data to flash a kernel, or just the cache and Dalvik? I really don't want to lose my current setup (screens, widgets, etc).

Guess one more dumb question: When I back up a ROM (using ROM Manager) and then I restore it, it doesn't include the kernel right? So if I restore a backup, it won't change my kernel back. Is that right?
Are you talking about the rom or just the kernel?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.3.4 was pushed to AOSP, this means we should see this in CM7 VERY soon. Im guessing no later than a week ;)

This brings google talk video chat, bug fixes, and some unannounced stuff google left as a "suprise". Im pumped! :D

Reactions: gksmithlcw