[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.3.4 was pushed to AOSP, this means we should see this in CM7 VERY soon. Im guessing no later than a week ;)

This brings google talk video chat, bug fixes, and some unannounced stuff google left as a "suprise". Im pumped! :D

The unannounced surprise is they are giving away 10 Nexus S again on twitter.

azumak

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there something I could flash to make the top bar like 50% transparent? Please someone let me know.

I've seen varying transparencies on lots of screenshots but the only one I've found is CyanBreadX in the Market. It's like 30%-ish transparent:

sg4hg7.png

It'll show up in Theme Chooser. I know there's many more, but I like blue.
---
By the way, I was holding the notification bar, it goes to the bottom like normal, just wanted to demonstrate the transparency level.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've seen varying transparencies on lots of screenshots but the only one I've found is CyanBreadX in the Market. It's like 30%-ish transparent:

sg4hg7.png

It'll show up in Theme Chooser. I know there's many more, but I like blue.
---
By the way, I was holding the notification bar, it goes to the bottom like normal, just wanted to demonstrate the transparency level.

I'm talking about the top bar where the battery and everything is. Not the pull down thingy..

Reactions: azumak

azumak

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm talking about the top bar where the battery and everything is. Not the pull down thingy..

Ohhh, gotchya. I've heard of that before.... hmm, lemme do some diggin'.

As I recall, I linked you to that Pac-Man animated top bar for WebOS, lol! You like customizing your devices, it seems. I think I can find something...
---
Found two methods, I'm testing each now~ I didn't think about it beforehand, but the screenshots look really nice.
---
MetaMorph is giving me issues applying a couple of themes... I already had to do a terminal fix to get it working, it's not looking good for MetaMorph. I found a flashable method, testing that now.
---
Whoa, totally worked!
2ui87s3.png

Looks really cool, here's the page I finally found.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1031106
You'll need an XDA account to download, if you don't have one lemme know. ADW.Launcher needs the wallpaper hack turned off, I went with the 50% one. Flash in recovery. Gonna try fully transparent next! Thanks for the idea!
---
One problem I've noticed on fully transparent is that apps with white backgrounds/layouts might display the top bar as white, making the time and battery invisible for me. Most apps are black though, I've only seen it in ChompSMS and the stock browser.

Last edited:
Reactions: sole_elite_xx3

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Ohhh, gotchya. I've heard of that before.... hmm, lemme do some diggin'.

As I recall, I linked you to that Pac-Man animated top bar for WebOS, lol! You like customizing your devices, it seems. I think I can find something...
---
Found two methods, I'm testing each now~ I didn't think about it beforehand, but the screenshots look really nice.
---
MetaMorph is giving me issues applying a couple of themes... I already had to do a terminal fix to get it working, it's not looking good for MetaMorph. I found a flashable method, testing that now.
---
Whoa, totally worked!
2ui87s3.png

Looks really cool, here's the page I finally found.
[MOD][CM7][17 Apr 2011]Transparent status bar - xda-developers
You'll need an XDA account to download, if you don't have one lemme know. ADW.Launcher needs the wallpaper hack turned off, I went with the 50% one. Flash in recovery. Gonna try fully transparent next! Thanks for the idea!
---
One problem I've noticed on fully transparent is that apps with white backgrounds/layouts might display the top bar as white, making the time and battery invisible for me. Most apps are black though, I've only seen it in ChompSMS and the stock browser.

Thanks! I'm trying now!

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This is a bit of a noob question, but I just rooted my Evo for the first time tonight and have attempted to install CM7 with ROM Manager premium. It appeared to be doing great, but now I seem to be stuck at the CM7 boot logo for the past 10 min.

What should I do at this point? Pull the battery and try to load up my backup Sprint Lovers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34