Okay i just finished rooting and i was wondering a couple of things like....
1. How do i know if my phone is actually rooted?
2. What ROM should i start off with?
3. How do i get the gingerbread ROM?
4. Is there a test i should put my phone through to see if everything works?
Any suggestion from you guys that i should do if my phone is rooted
- 01-19-2011, 04:23 AM #2
1. you should have a superuser app in the drawer. you can also download titanium backup in the market and once u start, it'll tell u if ur not rooted. also, try going into recovery and see if u have clockwork or amon.
2. check out the xda forums. start off with the stable roms (CM 6.1.2, Myn's Warm, Mikfroyo). Always do NAND backup before flashing and don't forget to wipe.
3. i wouldn't play around w/ gingerbread yet till you get accustomed to flashing roms due to instability issues.
4. only way is to actually use the phone and try everything out
- 01-19-2011, 03:22 PM #4
- 01-19-2011, 03:55 PM #5
XDA has them. Download the zip of whatever rom and then put it on your sd card. Boot your phone into recovery. Do a nand backup. Then wipe cache, data and dalvick cache. Then flash your rom from sd card.
- 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM #7
- 01-19-2011, 06:05 PM #8
- 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM #10
- 01-19-2011, 06:24 PM #13
- 01-19-2011, 06:55 PM #15
- 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM #18
- 01-19-2011, 08:41 PM #19
- 01-19-2011, 10:25 PM #22
- 01-19-2011, 10:45 PM #24
- 01-20-2011, 04:49 AM #25