Help with cm7 on evo 4g

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ok so i went to the http://www.androidcentral.com/cyanogenmod-7-gingerbread-nightlies-pushing-now link this morning and i read through it and i was a link to *gapps* and i clicked this once i cliked it and saw the universal DPI on the top of the website and i clicked it. after it downloaded to my evo 4g and my rom manager asked if i wanted to back up / clear cache and data... so i checked both after i went to get some food came back and everything seemed finish and now everytime i unlock my evo i dont have my market place i dont have ROM manager!!!

what should i do? i really want to go back to my old rom wwhich i backed up via rom manager oh and also gmail doesnt work cause there is no g mail app so i cant get any of my contacts!

PLEASE HELP!

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Did you do the download for both the nightly and GAPPS though ROM manager?

no ounce i downloaded the gaapps i just clicked it and it brought me to ROM manager and ask to back up and clear cache like i did and i checked both and it started to install something which i thought was cm7

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
no ounce i downloaded the gaapps i just clicked it and it brought me to ROM manager and ask to back up and clear cache like i did and i checked both and it started to install something which i thought was cm7

Wow - I totally mis read that.

Here's what happened, when you wiped cache and data you effectively removed any app that was installed in the user space (data).

I'm not sure why your gapps aren't showing up but I would just re-install them.

Last edited:

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

so you flashed CM7 but not GAPPS? that's what it's sounding like.. is your phone functioning on CM7 now?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
no its pretty much looks like a stock evo with no gmail no market place... and i have no ROM manager =[

You have to download gapps and put the zip file on your sdcard.

Then hold down the power button and choose to reboot in to recovery. In recovery go to install zip from sdcard and choose the gapps file you placed there, then reboot. You'll have your gapps and can re install rom manager from market!

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You have to download gapps and put the zip file on your sdcard.

Then hold down the power button and choose to reboot in to recovery. In recovery go to install zip from sdcard and choose the gapps file you placed there, then reboot. You'll have your gapps and can re install rom manager from market!

will this enable cm7 on my evo?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
He flashed the g apps without flashing cm7 is what it looks like.

Go to cyanogenmod.com and download the latest nightly and g apps. Wipe, flash the rom then g apps, then reboot.

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
He flashed the g apps without flashing cm7 is what it looks like.

Go to cyanogenmod.com and download the latest nightly and g apps. Wipe, flash the rom then g apps, then reboot.

ok im really new to this root stuff but im learning quick. i found the supersonic cm7 under the link you gave me and its installing right now... what do i do after it is installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech