Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Angry Help with cm7 on evo 4g

    ok so i went to the http://www.androidcentral.com/cyanog...es-pushing-now link this morning and i read through it and i was a link to *gapps* and i clicked this once i cliked it and saw the universal DPI on the top of the website and i clicked it. after it downloaded to my evo 4g and my rom manager asked if i wanted to back up / clear cache and data... so i checked both after i went to get some food came back and everything seemed finish and now everytime i unlock my evo i dont have my market place i dont have ROM manager!!!

    what should i do? i really want to go back to my old rom wwhich i backed up via rom manager oh and also gmail doesnt work cause there is no g mail app so i cant get any of my contacts!

    PLEASE HELP!
  2. #2  

    Default

    Did you do the download for both the nightly and GAPPS though ROM manager?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpsamora View Post
    Did you do the download for both the nightly and GAPPS though ROM manager?
    no ounce i downloaded the gaapps i just clicked it and it brought me to ROM manager and ask to back up and clear cache like i did and i checked both and it started to install something which i thought was cm7
  4. #4  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4g4life View Post
    no ounce i downloaded the gaapps i just clicked it and it brought me to ROM manager and ask to back up and clear cache like i did and i checked both and it started to install something which i thought was cm7
    Wow - I totally mis read that.

    Here's what happened, when you wiped cache and data you effectively removed any app that was installed in the user space (data).

    I'm not sure why your gapps aren't showing up but I would just re-install them.
    Last edited by thefredelement; 01-23-2011 at 01:20 PM.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4g4life View Post
    no ounce i downloaded the gaapps i just clicked it and it brought me to ROM manager and ask to back up and clear cache like i did and i checked both and it started to install something which i thought was cm7
    so you flashed CM7 but not GAPPS? that's what it's sounding like.. is your phone functioning on CM7 now?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    no its pretty much looks like a stock evo with no gmail no market place... and i have no ROM manager =[
  7. #7  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4g4life View Post
    no its pretty much looks like a stock evo with no gmail no market place... and i have no ROM manager =[
    You have to download gapps and put the zip file on your sdcard.

    Then hold down the power button and choose to reboot in to recovery. In recovery go to install zip from sdcard and choose the gapps file you placed there, then reboot. You'll have your gapps and can re install rom manager from market!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    You have to download gapps and put the zip file on your sdcard.

    Then hold down the power button and choose to reboot in to recovery. In recovery go to install zip from sdcard and choose the gapps file you placed there, then reboot. You'll have your gapps and can re install rom manager from market!
    will this enable cm7 on my evo?
  9. #9  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    He flashed the g apps without flashing cm7 is what it looks like.

    Go to cyanogenmod.com and download the latest nightly and g apps. Wipe, flash the rom then g apps, then reboot.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    He flashed the g apps without flashing cm7 is what it looks like.

    Go to cyanogenmod.com and download the latest nightly and g apps. Wipe, flash the rom then g apps, then reboot.
    ok im really new to this root stuff but im learning quick. i found the supersonic cm7 under the link you gave me and its installing right now... what do i do after it is installed?
  11. #11  
    BigRick10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,163 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4g4life View Post
    ok im really new to this root stuff but im learning quick. i found the supersonic cm7 under the link you gave me and its installing right now... what do i do after it is installed?

    Flash gapps after you flash the rom.
  12. #12  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Then after you flash g apps, reboot.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  13. #13  
    eric.atx's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Don't wipe data or cache after you flash the rom before you flash gapps.

    Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
    @TejasEric on Twitter

Posting Permissions

B