1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Default stock browser verrryyy slow

when i load a page it shows it loading in the status bar. it loads up about 50-80 percent then it just stops. at this point i set my phone down and come back to it about 5 min later and sometimes its loaded up, sometimes not. either way... it takes forever. it does this on 3g and wifi so its not network related it has to be the phone.

forgot to mention, it started on ava froyo rom, i am now on myns warm 2.2 and its still doing it.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

Download adfree in the market, update the host file and reboot. Should fix it
    Thanked by 2:

Try to reset roaming *228 then dial 2. When u flash a rom did u wipe? Also try to wipe cache, cookies, etc in browser settings. Sometimes my fone is acting up like that and i know its the network, but its story from my side.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Hey can I use this app using z4root thanks..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Quote Originally Posted by evoKY View Post
    Download adfree in the market, update the host file and reboot. Should fix it
    this did the trick, thx for the help

What is "updating the host? " Or how exactly do y
    The you do that?

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

Some Roms come preinstalled with an ad free host file which becomes out dated causing the browser to hang. When you download the adfree app it will update the host file of known advertisers fixing the hang issue. That's why the hanging happens on wifi and 3g. If you are on 4G, you have to click revert host files to get it working because the modified host file doesn't work on 4G. After every update or revert you should reboot to flush out the Dns settings.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    Myn Warm RLS5

Thanks EvoKY. It worked like charm.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sky-ICS RC7 Speed

Thanks evoKY, I've been dealing with this problem for several days and I thought I was going to have to switch roms even though I'm lovin' Warm 2.2. Your method worked perfectly! Thanks again!