4G on Custom Rom

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I have tried to get 4G on CM 6.1.2 and no luck. So now I have no choice but to look for a Rom that has 4G on it. I knw that I can go to XDA and look this up, but I want YOUR opinion on this, I dont want to go to some link and follow up another forum. If you guys are using Fresh for example tel me why that is better than another Rom.. My thing is that I dont want my Evo feeling like its Stock, so the less Sense the better. Any feed back will be greatly appreciated!!!! I know I can count on you guys for this, thats why I stay on these forums.:cool:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My opinion, and that's all it is, would be vaelpak. He has done a good job in customizing his rom, plus from his users. He has taken as much sense as he can. He is very responsive to questions and very helpful. But again that's my opinion

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
vaelek.com/
Here is his site. Also, he has a thread on A/C. His rom is stable. Another thing to add is his vaelpak settings or VPS. You can add kernels and other things really fast. Its a really great rom

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, in the 3.0 series he has it where you can use the hot spot from sprint for free. So you don't have to download the app. If you use 2.3 ,which is also excellent, then you will need his version of that wireless app in VPS.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
That's right just put everything on the root of the sdcard and flash each. Zip one by one like flash which rom the start it up the go back just in case you want to ad something and it's always good to set everything up and then you turn the phone off and then all the files should be where they need to be

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got it now but how do I know which wifi tether is best and free. Should I use the Sprint one and will I get charged or should I download the rooted one from the Market?

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got it now but how do I know which wifi tether is best and free. Should I use the Sprint one and will I get charged or should I download the rooted one from the Market?

Like it was said before, val has unlocked the sprint tethering app so there's no charge. But, if that doesn't work, you can always dl the one from market

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
The sprint one is better I thing some times the internet used to cut out on me and I would have to reset most roms include the sprint's wifi hack

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the VaelPak. It is great. I ran it for quite a while. I just switched for good measure 2 days ago. My 4g worked as did everything else. Also, I didn't see it meantioned here but just in case do a full wipe before loading a new rom.