Need help - android.process.acore - error - force close

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I flashed MIUI, got all my screens the way I wanted them, then did a nandroid backup. When I rebooted my phone after the backup all I get now is android.process.acore with the options to force close or report. I rebooted once to see if that would help but it didn't. I read somewhere about google mail syncing being an issue but I can't get past the error message to look into the settings. The android.process.acore pops up every two seconds.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I reflashed the rom, so far so good. Maybe I am restoring something from Titanium that I am not supposed to, i don't know (only restoring app+data, no system items). If I reboot and it happens again, back to Myn's for good for me I guess.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Got everything to where I wanted again, I'm afraid to make another nandroid backup cause that would require me rebooting the phone. The last 2 times I rebooted after flashing MIUI I've had the same problems.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This has kind of turned into my own personal blog...

Finally had a successful reboot without the error message. A couple things I did differently this time are: 1) only restored missing apps+data instead of all apps+data from titanium 2) on the gmail account synced to the market, I checked sync contacts, mail, and calendar instead of just mail.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
This has kind of turned into my own personal blog...

Finally had a successful reboot without the error message. A couple things I did differently this time are: 1) only restored missing apps+data instead of all apps+data from titanium 2) on the gmail account synced to the market, I checked sync contacts, mail, and calendar instead of just mail.

It definitely sounds like you were restoring a program that you shouldn't have. What I normally do, is pick missing apps+data and then scroll down the list and un-select things I know I shouldn't restore. For example, if I backed up on a Sense ROM, I wouldn't restore Sense, or if I used ADW on CM I wouldn't restore it to another ROM where I decided to use LPP. Stuff like that. There's always a few apps in there I unselect each time.

What you won't restore if you use only missing apps, is stuff like browser bookmarks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance