Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default loading splashscreens

Ok I have posted a few threads on here on how to do certain things. I do greatly appreciate the help.

I am trying to load different splashscreens. I was able to load ones from Maco Designs thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...o-designs.html

but when I tried to load ones from xda forum it doesnt work. so I tried to follow the steps in the xda thread and got lost. could someone help me. I think I have way too many programs DL on my computer from the last couple days of figuring out rooting and all the joys that come with it. thanks
    Here is the xda thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=726710

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy330 View Post
    Ok I have posted a few threads on here on how to do certain things. I do greatly appreciate the help.

I am trying to load different splashscreens. I was able to load ones from Maco Designs thread.

but when I tried to load ones from xda forum it doesnt work. so I tried to follow the steps in the xda thread and got lost. could someone help me. I think I have way too many programs DL on my computer from the last couple days of figuring out rooting and all the joys that come with it. thanks
    Here is the xda thread:
    [SPLASH] Custom Splash Screens by 12MaNy - xda-developers
    It all Boils down to if you have Full Root... did you Root with Unrevoked?

If so More likely then not it wont load and stick...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

yes i did root with unrevoked. should i have gone a different route. can i change it? thanks

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

i used unrevoked and have changed my splash screens but just once, if it says your S off in the bootloader you should be fine.

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy330 View Post

Here is the xda thread:
    [SPLASH] Custom Splash Screens by 12MaNy - xda-developers
    I got curious after reading this, so I unzip Marco's file and one from the link you posted to see what was the difference. His had a disk image file with a text file with. Also I seen a file from unrevoke (you also loaded the splash like Marco's) that also had a disk image file and the exact text file.

So, it looks like you need both of those files in the zip to make it work like theirs. Now alot of this is over my head, but this is my theory on the topic.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by flyer8493 View Post
    i used unrevoked and have changed my splash screens but just once, if it says your S off in the bootloader you should be fine.
    True and Untrue...

I've Also Flashed Splash Screen its an Unrevoked phone... buttttttttttt

Other things wont stick like Themes and or Radios?

Its not a reliable source... I've voiced my opinion many a time on this topic

On the phones I've had issues with I just ReRooted my way and everything worked fine...

There is a Program for Flashing Splash Images but it does require you to be FULL ROOT...

Be it any method you want... If it doesnt load the Image that is because u are Not Full Root Simply put

There is no other excuse on this point... Doesnt matter which method and what not something went wrong in ur Root

Even if your able to flash Roms till the end of days The issue still lies in the fact that ur phone is not realizing something...

OP Good luck... Im outta here before I cause a stir like I usually do
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I'll try again later. Maybe I missed a step. I was at my comp too long so maybe I got all confused. If not ill post