Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    VaelPak Asop 2.2

Default Stuck in recovery mode

I just flashed sprint lovers rom and went to back it up using rom manager and it went into recovery mode and never left. After 20 minutes I pulled the battery and tried getting into recovery mode. Everytime I push recovery mode it gives the HTC picture and then then returns to the screen to go into Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, Simlock. Is there a way to get out of this situation?

Thanks for any help!

never mind, I just ended up clearing storage and am starting from scratch. After all of the flashing it was probably time anyhow...
    Last edited by swissarmy; 02-09-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: fixed issue
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    I just flashed sprint lovers rom and went to back it up using rom manager and it went into recovery mode and never left. After 20 minutes I pulled the battery and tried getting into recovery mode. Everytime I push recovery mode it gives the HTC picture and then then returns to the screen to go into Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, Simlock. Is there a way to get out of this situation?

Thanks for any help!

never mind, I just ended up clearing storage and am starting from scratch. After all of the flashing it was probably time anyhow...
    But do you have a recovery installed?
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    VaelPak Asop 2.2

thanks for the suggestion, as you were correct. I had installed amon ra the pc zip rooted on the sd card. Somehow after I flashed the Sprint lovers rom everything went crazy. I have been flashing like a mad man for the past month and this is the first real incident. No big deal at all and am back up and flashing. Thanks again for your suggestion!

Default Re: Stuck in recovery mode

I tried to flash a kernel and I am stuck in recovery mode. I didn't back up my ROM so I think it is gone and the kernel is downloaded but I can't download a ROM. Please help me. I am stuck on Revolutionary. I tried to restore the phone and since I didn't back it up It does nothing but go back to recovery.

Thanks
    Member?

ROM
    Deck ICS Alpha 4/Tiatmat

Quote Originally Posted by BEEZO56 View Post
    I tried to flash a kernel and I am stuck in recovery mode. I didn't back up my ROM so I think it is gone and the kernel is downloaded but I can't download a ROM. Please help me. I am stuck on Revolutionary. I tried to restore the phone and since I didn't back it up It does nothing but go back to recovery.

Thanks
    Do u have internet at home? & what recovery are you running on your phone? You can mount your sd card onto your computer & copy over a rom to your root of your sd card. From there wipe the data, dalvik cache, & cache. Once thats done select the option to flash zip or choose zip file. Dont know what recovery your running. Once you flash your rom your all set & reboot:
    How To Load Custom ROM on Your Android Device (After Using the Revolutionary Method) | TheUnlockr

But im curious to say your stuck on revolutionary... Have you not yet flashed a custom recovery image & rooted fully? Because when you say revolutionary im thinking your still on the bootloader & you still havent completely finished rooting but just gained S-Off:
    How To Gain S-Off, Flash a Custom Recovery, and Root Your Android Phone Using the Revolutionary Method | TheUnlockr

Quote Originally Posted by BEEZO56 View Post

Thanks
    And ALWAYS, ALWAYS do a backup!!!

Mistress of Mischief
    ......posted from something made by Apple!
    Member?

ROM
    Deck ICS Alpha 4/Tiatmat

He can no longer do a back up since he tried to flash a kernel. He would have to start from scratch with setup now. So only choice is to flash original sense rom or to another rom of his choice.

having the same problem sorta... i cant get out of recovery mode and i ddnt make a back-up any suggestions??