Rooted phone, can't delete Sprint bloatware

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My EVO is rooted and I have both Root Explorer and Titanium Backup installed. I've tried numerous times to delete much of the Sprint bloatware, and just when I think I've done it, I go back later and find that that stuff is still present.

I do not have a ton of apps, yet my 4-month-old EVO is showing only 47MB of space left internally. That can't be normal.

There must be something I'm not doing right when it comes to deleting this Sprint crap; yet I've followed the instructions exactly as I've read in places. Still, the junk remains.

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The only way I've ever been able to totally get rid of em was to delete them from /system/app as far as your internal memory. I'd try getting rid of some apps you don't use, move the ones you can to sd, and go through all your apps one by one and clear cache and data.
Also, I remember a thread on xda where a guy had the same problem. He solved it but, I don't remember what he did to free his memory.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I probably should have mentioned that I moved all my apps, except for one, to my SD card. My internal memory reflects the status after having moved the apps a while ago. That's one reason I'm baffled it's so low.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I probably should have mentioned that I moved all my apps, except for one, to my SD card. My internal memory reflects the status after having moved the apps a while ago. That's one reason I'm baffled it's so low.

do u really use all those apps? how many do u have installed? lol jw man..

did you ever think of flashing a rom w/ the bloatware removed?

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I've thought of that, but all the nice ROMs don't have 4G, and I'm in a nicely covered 4G area.

And yes, I do use those apps. That's one reason why I got rid of the ones I don't need and didn't use.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy