Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need help asap please!!!

CyanogenMod 7
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=902051

I flashed all 3 files in order and it still didn't work.. I used Clockwork recovery

Im stuck on htc evo screen Please help
    I'll bring some popcorn and coke. You get the forum up on your widescreen tv
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Youssef7 View Post
    CyanogenMod 7
    [ROM][WIP][gginggerbread-2] - Wimax for CyanogenMod 7! ginger wimax is such a ****. - xda-developers

I flashed all 3 files in order and it still didn't work.. I used Clockwork recovery

Im stuck on htc evo screen Please help
    Make sure to wipe first. Then make sure you're flashing the ROM first then the new kernel, then gapps.

To flash a kernel with a newly flashed rom..should it go:

Full wipe (all data, dalvik, cache), then flash the rom, then dalvik wipe, then flash kernel? Or no second dalvik wipe?

should be full wipe

flash rom ...reboot
    flash kernel...reboot
    flash gapps...reboot
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Wipe everything, flash rom then gapps then kernel.

Without rebooting.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I wiped all like you said flashed everything ina row and still stuck on evo white screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arggggg... im coming from miui.. :/
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Miui has been messing stuff up.

Flash caulkins format all zip, search for it on xda and it'll appear.

After you use the format all, wipe again (just cause) and flash the rom, then right over the rom flash the g-apps and reboot.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Which nightly are you flashing? If it's 33 or higher you will need to update Clockwork to V3.x. #33 introduced a whole bunch of code that uses the updated update scripts in CW3. At least this was the case for the DInc. I would imagine the EVO builds are prety close.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Which nightly are you flashing? If it's 33 or higher you will need to update Clockwork to V3.x. #33 introduced a whole bunch of code that uses the updated update scripts in CW3. At least this was the case for the DInc. I would imagine the EVO builds are prety close.

Hope this helps.
    I dont know what your talking about exactly.. im kinda basic on this stuff. im using the new ra recovery or what ever to flas because it said so..

and Igotsaevo..I know it sucks,.. the rom use to be so good.. but now it sucks.. its not as good and not stable like it once was
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

omg I just did the format zip thing and still a no go! I WANT CM7! lol whats wrong this... im going to have to settle with 6.1 from rom manager prob (
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Im just going tto stick with miui **** it lol. Its best because of battery life is amazing

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I dont know what your talking about exactly.. im kinda basic on this stuff. im using the new ra recovery or what ever to flas because it said so..

and Igotsaevo..I know it sucks,.. the rom use to be so good.. but now it sucks.. its not as good and not stable like it once was
    OK so in the post it says that this CM7 is using Nightly #24 so you do not want the new Clockwork 3 - you want an earlier version. On the Dinc the text in clockwork 3 is orange so if your text in clockwork is green you should be OK.

I would wipe cache, data and Davlik cache (under Advanced) then Flash your rom, flash your kernel, reboot and then flash GAPPS.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Ah i assumed you were on clockwork recovery.
    Go back into your nandroid of miui, and flash clockworkmod recovery with rom manager, the newest version.

Nandroid with clockwork and try CM7 again.

Try the real CM7 nightly's with no wi-max http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=supersonic and g apps http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...120-signed.zip

Wipe all, format all, flash rom and g apps, then reboot.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Ah i assumed you were on clockwork recovery.
    Go back into your nandroid of miui, and flash clockworkmod recovery with rom manager, the newest version.

Nandroid with clockwork and try CM7 again.

Try the real CM7 nightly's with no wi-max TeamDouche Mirror System and g apps http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...120-signed.zip

Wipe all, format all, flash rom and g apps, then reboot.
    What about the kernel.. I have 004? and is the battery really good on cm7?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

whats a nandroid?

ROM
    UNleashed Z one/net4.3sbc

whats a nandroid?
    i swear you just need to go back to stock and be done cuz i know in the last couple months you have had no clue what your doing and apparently still dont....you dont read or take peoples advice. *shakes head*

p.s. nandroid is a backup of your rom so if you bork something you can restore back to it with no problems.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGTP View Post
    i swear you just need to go back to stock and be done cuz i know in the last couple months you have had no clue what your doing and apparently still dont....you dont read or take peoples advice. *shakes head*

p.s. nandroid is a backup of your rom so if you bork something you can restore back to it with no problems.
    **** your no help.. dont go on my threads then you ***!

ROM
    UNleashed Z one/net4.3sbc

**** your no help.. dont go on my threads then you ***!
    lol thanks....if you read my "p.s." at the end i surprisingly answered your question. except i forgot to mention it is done in recovery.

happy flashing! lmao
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Really guys? This isnt XDA, if you want to argue/curse/be less than mature, then head to other pastures. This is a community built around helping people, discussing things, and being civil while doing it.

Youssef7, read the link in my signature, it should help you out. Reading is gonna be your pal here, we can only spoon feed so much, the rest is up to you.
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

And then see my signature for the forum rules.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Okay guys.. well I installed the rom and gaps and everything worked great.. so when I tried to flash the kernale i got stuck on the evo 4g screen.. is there another kernale?

ROM
    Stock for now

Okay guys.. well I installed the rom and gaps and everything worked great.. so when I tried to flash the kernale i got stuck on the evo 4g screen.. is there another kernale?
    What kernel did you try to flash?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

So i think youre trying to get the CM7 with WiMax, there is only ONE 4G CM7 rom, not a set of nightlys.

Here is the 4G CM7 thread [ROM][WIP][gginggerbread-2] - Wimax for CyanogenMod 7! ginger wimax is such a ****. - xda-developers