I dont know if my Htc Evo is Bricked or not

shh218

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Htc evo using Unrevoked3 succesfully. Though i was trying put the new Gingerbread 2.3 on my phone using KommyDroid(GB)v.1.zip. It started work just fine, but just froze when said android in blue letters. Can someone please help me? I can get to clockworkmod, but i cant figure out how to get it back to factory settings.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you wipe everything before applying the Rom you can get back to tour recovery menu by turning off the phone an pressing the volume down and the power button at the same time it will take you to your hboot screen wait a sec will it look for a file you should have already deleted its that pc31img so once that loads use the volume down to move to your recover and you will get to the customer recovery screen there you'll see wipe factory you should have the rom still on your sdcard so go ahead a nd wipe factory settings , the data , and cache , and your delvik and the flash the Rom and you should be good that's probably what happened usually

Sent From PrittyBoy's Crazy EVO 4G

shh218

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I wiped the cache, delvik, data, and i dont know what u mean when u say flash the rom. And then i rebooted still pops up with blue android letters.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok how is everything going did you figure it out imo I think you dodge a bullet using the ruu I had a bad bad experience on the 2nd day of owning my Evo and tried to root with a new hboot not knowing all of this new stuff and had rooted a while back 2 friends of mines evos and then my phone was stuck at the big black HTC with all corners with triangles but I swapped my phone within the 30 day period :)

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow sorry about being a little technical I said Rom because its the software you flashed which was the guys you where trying to put on the phone they in short call them roms and they are obviously are modified software that they changed files around to run and look nive

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Read the link in my signature.

The blue android thing is your boot animation, so just wait your rom will boot up. There was no reason to panic and use an RUU, you were just fine.

This is why i dont recommend unrevoked if your a android rookie, other methods will force you to read, that way you wont ever be in a position where you dont know what to do and are in over your head.

Flash = install
Rom = your phones system software

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
could have also flashed a recovery had you done one.

PSA to all newb's out there... if you root your phone, start it up with the stock rom, boot into recovery, create a nandroid, THEN flash something new and funky.

ROM= READ ONLY MEMORY. Based on sense or AOSP user interface. Themed and modified according to the developer.

Common misconceptions and other useful information (Updated 10/12/2010) - xda-developers

A Dummies Guide To Android Terminoligy & Lingo - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Read. please and thank you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781