flashing kernels to stock rom

WINKSTER

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to only flash a kernel without flashing any kind of Rom and keep all my data. I have searched and the closest thing I've found is flashing a stock Rom and flashing a kernel that works with it. And also could you suggest a cool and very stable Rom and overclockable kernel for an evo 4g.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to only flash a kernel without flashing any kind of Rom and keep all my data. I have searched and the closest thing I've found is flashing a stock Rom and flashing a kernel that works with it. And also could you suggest a cool and very stable Rom and overclockable kernel for an evo 4g.

curious...are you rooted yet? if not...no you cant flash a kernal without rooting. if you are rooted..yes you can flash kernals on stock rom. i might suggest the sprint lovers rom if your wanting the stock feel. i personally use myns rls5 with netarchys 4.3 cfs more havs sbc kernel and it is marvelous! very stable for me and easily customizable if your wanting that as well.

WINKSTER

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I guess this must have been kind of a stupid question. Yes I am rooted and I understand that I can't flash anything without root. What I meant to ask was if it was possible to flash ONLY a kernel and not flash a Rom period. So that would leave my phone with the same Rom that it had when I bought it but running with a new kernel. See what I mean?

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I guess this must have been kind of a stupid question. Yes I am rooted and I understand that I can't flash anything without root. What I meant to ask was if it was possible to flash ONLY a kernel and not flash a Rom period. So that would leave my phone with the same Rom that it had when I bought it but running with a new kernel. See what I mean?

I;m running stock rom with netarchy kernal latest stable version with havs and cfs no trickle charge. no problems since i flashed 2 weeks ago and seems to be better battery life, supports scripting and overclocking.
AOSP kernels are different than sense kernels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance