Did anyone see improved battery life w/ CyanogenMod V7.0.0-RC1 ?

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I rooted my phone using unrevoked and installed juice defender (ultimate) and I did see some improvement with the battery since without it most of its constant 3G on which drains battery. I'm tempted to install CyanogenMod but if I won't see any improvement as far as battery goes I don't see any other reason why should I?

Did anyone had stock ROM (like me) and now installed V7.0.0-RC1, did you see any improvements?

Thanks!

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a substantial increase over stock during my use of most of the CM 7 nightles even, and the RC1 build seems to be similar to the last several nightlies prior to release.

By the way, you generally do not need any tools to manage power consumption with CM 7 - I used juice defender on stock ROM and with CM 6.x builds, but dont even have it, or anything else that kills tasks or manipulates radios or services on the phone, installed anymore.

Seems changes in resource management for Gingerbread made dramatic improvements to power consumption. Most testing has shown that utilities that used to be so beneficial are now detrimental because they hamper the ability of the OS to take care of those tasks.

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a substantial increase over stock during my use of most of the CM 7 nightles even, and the RC1 build seems to be similar to the last several nightlies prior to release.

By the way, you generally do not need any tools to manage power consumption with CM 7 - I used juice defender on stock ROM and with CM 6.x builds, but dont even have it, or anything else that kills tasks or manipulates radios or services on the phone, installed anymore.

Seems changes in resource management for Gingerbread made dramatic improvements to power consumption. Most testing has shown that utilities that used to be so beneficial are now detrimental because they hamper the ability of the OS to take care of those tasks.

Thanks for the reply!

You got me worked up :)
Most likley I will gather courage and unroot it and then backup everything and install mod.
Do you have easy tutorial to follow for installing mod?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

You got me worked up :)
Most likley I will gather courage and unroot it and then backup everything and install mod.
Do you have easy tutorial to follow for installing mod?

You can root then download Rom Manager from the market and it's right there, you can just pick to download & install, make sure you select Google Apps as well!

IronEddie

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I have seen a dramatic DECREASE in battery life after installing rc-1. I have been running Nightly #3 for a few weeks with phenomenal battery life (running SetCpu). For example, Superbowl weekend, I had a full charge Friday night at 7:00. Monday morning I woke up for work at 6Am and still had 12%. That is with all syncing, gps, bluetooth, and wifi turned off. Also fairly light usage. On a typical day, I take it off the charger at 6:00am and by 10pm I am at 50% minimum.

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a dramatic DECREASE in battery life after installing rc-1. I have been running Nightly #3 for a few weeks with phenomenal battery life (running SetCpu). For example, Superbowl weekend, I had a full charge Friday night at 7:00. Monday morning I woke up for work at 6Am and still had 12%. That is with all syncing, gps, bluetooth, and wifi turned off. Also fairly light usage. On a typical day, I take it off the charger at 6:00am and by 10pm I am at 50% minimum.
Wow that is impresive!!
That's how it should be with stock ROM.
Do you remember which version did you had all that joy?

What would I need to bring it back to prior unrevoked root a.k.a stock ROM?
I have crack on a screen and I'm not sure if I want to keep or exchange it, mostl likley I will exchange it because I pay for insurance anyway.

All what I remeber backing up is nand ?

Thanks guys!

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
hmm I feel like i had a slight decrease. But this could be because I have so much going on, and have been playing on it nonstop. I am about to unplug it from a full charge and see how it performs w/ less strain.

IronEddie

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
hmm I feel like i had a slight decrease. But this could be because I have so much going on, and have been playing on it nonstop. I am about to unplug it from a full charge and see how it performs w/ less strain.

Words with Friends seems to be a huge battery drainer for me with rc-1.

Reactions: xratede

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Last night I installed cm7 before that it was stock ROM with unrevoked. Today I'll test cm7 and see how long before I need to put it on a charger. With stock I would take it off charge and at 7:30am and around 3pm I would get low battery warning.

Anyone found solution how to install Sprint visual mail app?

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Here's the update :
took it off charge at 7am and started surfing around 9am I was surfing forums reading whole time so no music, youtube etc. And at 11:30am I was at 29% and battery icon turturned orange.

Not that great but a lot better than stock rom.

What's your best time?

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is unchanged... most likely due to my changing kernels and overclocking. I want better battery life, but not at the cost of my new found speed boost! LOL