TB says "can't get root access" when rooted

anon(154617)

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Rooted my EVO today with Unrevoked3 for Mac. (only option for mac users that I'm aware of)

Root went fine and verified root with HBOOT and saw S-OFF. Made a NANDROID backup, rebooted and tried to start Titanium Backup Pro and it tells me it can't get root access. What did I do wrong? I have the superuser app too....

My next step was going to be flashing a rom, but not until I backup everything.

Thanks in advance guys! I did a search and didn't find anything.

lymkb3

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey i need some help, i rooted my evo4g and i flashed the superuser file through recovery. At the hboot it says s-off, but when i try to run Busybox or Titanium Backup they both say they cant get root access. How can i fix it?? i already tried updating both through the market but still nothing.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey i need some help, i rooted my evo4g and i flashed the superuser file through recovery. At the hboot it says s-off, but when i try to run Busybox or Titanium Backup they both say they cant get root access. How can i fix it?? i already tried updating both through the market but still nothing.

Do you have Super User in the app drawer?

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

lymkb3

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Super User in the app drawer?

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

Nevermind, I was flashing superuser 3.0.6 and it wouldn't verify my root at titanium or busybox. I went to the superuser site and downloaded version 3.0.7 and flashed that one,then titanium verified my root. Thanks anyways :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz