letting battery die with custom rom??

gselsidi

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys i need some help. I let my phone die completely just to let the battery drain since i read letting it drain completely and recharging it fully helps with battery life.

anyway long story short let it die completely, plugged it back in and turned it back on, got the white htc screen at the beginning but after that it never booted it just got stuck there, tried removing the battery and restarting again and same thing.

Now i had to reinstall the whole rom all over again and have all my data wiped.
Is this normal, should i not let my phone die completely ever, this is very annoying if thats the case.

I have sprint lovers rom and netarchy 4.2 havs more sbc kernal installed also.

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks,
Elsid

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
What I read I thought it was good for them lol

The old NiCad batteries like in the remote control cars I had growing up and my old DeWalt 18V cordless should be drained fully to prevent a charge memory.

The Lithium-Ion and Lithium-Polymer batteries don't require the drain cycles, but I recommend that if you are going to plug in a battery to charge, try to only do it if you can wait for it to charge to 100%. I seem to have good luck with battery life following that methods.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
What I read I thought it was good for them lol

You've read some highly inaccurate information. Lithium-polymer batteries should NOT be fully drained, it reduces their total capacity.

Your rom shouldn't freak out like that though. That is not typical. That never happened to me on any rom I used.

gselsidi

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't let them drain just wanted to know that if it dies I don't have to reinstall everything, maybe the kernel might be the problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21