Installing Swype on CyanogenMod 7

danyzfr6

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been already discussed but I could not find a thread....so I have an Evo 4G with the Fresh 3.5.0.1 Rom. I installed CyanogenMod 7 RC1, and noticed that it doesn't come with Swype pre-installed as Fresh does. I tried to restore Swype on CM 7 via My Backup Pro--didn't work, I get the expired beta error. I tried to install the .apk on CM 7 and then copy the swype lib file into the /system/lib folder and it still didn't work--got the "this version is configured for another device" error.

Is there any way to get Swype working on CM 7?

Thanks.

danyzfr6

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
P.S. I'm not trying to install illegal software w/o paying for it, swype comes pre-installed with Evo with the latest Sprint update. And I'd GLADLY pay for the keyboard but it's not available on the Market. Thanks.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I think you can just go to the Swype website and sign up for the beta and then follow the instructions.

I got my invite for the Swype beta just before it was included in the update and I was able to use that to install Swype on CM6.1.2

forceOnature

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got around that same problem by wiping the data for the swype installer and then running it again. I used titanium backup to wipe the data but I think you can accomplish the same thing from settings->applications->manage->swype installer->clear data

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Moved to the correct section, please keep all root related stuff in this section.

As for swype, go to the swype website and sign up for the beta.

I'll tell everybody right now, do not post a swype.apk in this thread unless its the swype ripped out of the 3.70 OTA. Consider this your warning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown