1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to get evo htc sense stock rom after accidently erasing it

So I made a nandroid back up and named it "rooted" and not "stock." Well after testing a couple of custom ROMs I began to erase all the ROMs that I didn't like and needless to say my original nandroid back up which i named "rooted" got erased also. I have been looking for about an hour now and well I still haven't really figured out how or where I can get the original ROM to put back on my phone. Is there anyone that could give me a little guidance please. I believe this is the first post I have done because I'm usually pretty good at doing my research, so since I'm stumped any help would be great here.

You might be screwed since you deleted that nandroid backup of your original sense.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not really. I mean I can borrow someone elses EVO and make a copy of theirs and put it on mine. At least in theory I think it might work. Although I'm looking more for a "here's a website that you can get it from" type solution.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Here is the stock rooted 3.70 ROM over on XDA.

DO NOT take a nand from someone else's EVO and put it on yours. You will likely lose your RSA keys if you do this.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And this is why I love the Adroid Community, thanks kd0axs for the help and the tip.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Alright I went to the website and there is two versions. After reading up on them I'm going to download the odexed version. Now in the thread it was asked if this version would update radio/PRI/WiMAX and apparently not. Although I am not to sure what any of those things are I was wondering if this is something I have download and update in order to get my phone back to how it was when I originally bought it with Froyo 2.2.

ROM
    CM10 nightly/CleanROM 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by gm27284 View Post
    Alright I went to the website and there is two versions. After reading up on them I'm going to download the odexed version. Now in the thread it was asked if this version would update radio/PRI/WiMAX and apparently not. Although I am not to sure what any of those things are I was wondering if this is something I have download and update in order to get my phone back to how it was when I originally bought it with Froyo 2.2.
    If I understand correctly, what they mean is that updating the rom won't update the radio software because custom roms don't access radio business. Because of that, you should be ok, but just in case I found a link to the latest radio/wimax/pri...might not be a bad idea to update
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715485

Quote Originally Posted by mr.wizard View Post
    If I understand correctly, what they mean is that updating the rom won't update the radio software because custom roms don't access radio business. Because of that, you should be ok, but just in case I found a link to the latest radio/wimax/pri...might not be a bad idea to update
    I just did the same thing that he did.. deleted my back up on accident... it also took me about an hr of searching to find this...i was about to start praying to the "phone gods" ctfu...Thax i really needed this