Neee help, already looked around -_-

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not new to android I had an epic it was rooted the only big thing I did to it was changing the lock screen I always wanted to do more though, now I have an evo. I want to put a theme on it or maybe a rom but I dont know where to start -_- like I got questions, if I dont want the theme anymore how do I go back to the stock look? And what if I want a different theme do I need to go back to the stock look or can I just go from theme to theme? And will I lose my apps text etc... when I put a theme on the phone. I want to try custom roms also. Any help? Please :)

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
i want the MattedBlues theme, i went to the link you gave me but i cant find anything on what i need to install a theme, i know i have to flash the theme thats it, i dont know how to revert back to stock and all that -__-

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Moved you over to the hacks section so you can get some proper advice :p

Once you flash the theme, if you wanna go back to the way it was you can either
A) Restore a nandroid backup. Or B) reflash the rom.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Moved you over to the hacks section so you can get some proper advice :p

Once you flash the theme, if you wanna go back to the way it was you can either
A) Restore a nandroid backup. Or B) reflash the rom.

oh thanks, do i need to flash anything else first? i know for the epic they told me i needed some rom so i could do themes on it. reflash the rom? and do i lose my apps? and all that?

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Your gonna have to do some reading for those answers, and they just might be in my signature links. ;)

You wont lose your apps or anything while theming.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Your gonna have to do some reading for those answers, and they just might be in my signature links. ;)

You wont lose your apps or anything while theming.

can i theme even though i used unrevoked? do i need a rom if i just want to theme? ive been reading and reading i cant find any answers -_- thats why as my last resort i made the thread. sorry >_<

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Once your rooted, your golden, doesnt matter how you get root as long as you have it.
Thats up to the themer, if his theme is for the stock rooted rom then no you dont need a different rom. If he based it off of fresh, then you need to flash fresh.
See what i mean? What the themer does is download a rom (or the stock one), rip it open, edit the looks of the rom with a photo editor and XML editor, package up the stuff he edited into a .zip package that will replace the un-edited stuff in your rom with the stuff he edited in the .zip. Make sense? :p

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Once your rooted, your golden, doesnt matter how you get root as long as you have it.
Thats up to the themer, if his theme is for the stock rooted rom then no you dont need a different rom. If he based it off of fresh, then you need to flash fresh.
See what i mean? What the themer does is download a rom (or the stock one), rip it open, edit the looks of the rom with a photo editor and XML editor, package up the stuff he edited into a .zip package that will replace the un-edited stuff in your rom with the stuff he edited in the .zip. Make sense? :p

its the MattedBlues theme CM6&7/Sense/MikFroyo/Vanilla Locks Versions. it says sence so im guessing its for stock also. i also want to flash the font pack he has.

[THEME] MattedBlues - CM6&7/Sense/MikFroyo/Vanilla Locks Versions *UPDATED 2/17/2010* - xda-developers

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It says for 3.70, so yup. But your not on a deodexed version of the rom so it may not work.

Worth a shot though, do a nandroid then flash, THIS and then the fonts. Reboot, and pray...

ugh -_- i dont want to take any chances, what happens if it doesnt work? what themes work on a fully stock rom then? i dont want to download any roms, i been looking on how to do a nandroid and cant find anything YET.

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
if you did a nandroid backup then all u do is flash it and if it doesnt work no harm done just reboot into recovery and flash the backup and your back to normal

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I did do a nandroid backup when I rooted the phone -_- I knew how to do it this whole time. Ill try mattedblue theme I hope it works >_< cause I really really want that theme.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah :/. So everything is good on the phone but now it wont let me open the phone app :( and I can't find it anywhere in my Apps drawer. What do I do?! >_<

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc