how to unroot htc evo in 5 easy steps

souprdog

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody as of today this is the easiest way that i have found to unroot the HTC EVO enjoy

1. Download HTC Sync and the Original RUU and save it to your computer.

HTC SYNC

Application - HTC Sync 2.0 for HTC Magic、Tattoo、 Hero (Android 1.5)

ORIGINAL RUU

Shipped ROMs

2. Install HTC sync from the link above.

3. Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable and select HTC Sync when prompted on the phone on how it should connect.

4. Install the Original Ruu from the link above.

5. enjoy your unrooted phone

cjassi08

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, thank you! I was getting error [110] because the RUU I was using was outdated, therefore was aborting my update, but once I followed your link and downloaded the latest RUU I was good to go. I'm sure I can help folks with a similar problem.
FYI - only worked after I switched to my VM - Win XP

guy1in10

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody as of today this is the easiest way that i have found to unroot the HTC EVO enjoy

1. Download HTC Sync and the Original RUU and save it to your computer.

HTC SYNC

Application - HTC Sync 2.0 for HTC Magic、Tattoo、 Hero (Android 1.5)

ORIGINAL RUU

Shipped ROMs

2. Install HTC sync from the link above.

3. Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable and select HTC Sync when prompted on the phone on how it should connect.

4. Install the Original Ruu from the link above.

5. enjoy your unrooted phone
Please Help. I tried the steps listed above but during the RUU1.0.2.10 I keep getting Error 170 USB Connection Error. The cord is plugged in tight on both ends, it reconigzes HTC Sync.

Gigi0108

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
HI, I recently rooted my HTC Evo 4G and just a day ago my phone alerted me about a system software update. First off, what is this update? Is it for the Ice Cream Sandwich Software? Secondly, can I update a rooted phone? If not, how do I un-root my phone, so I can get the update? A friend did it (root) for me using Revolutionary. When explaining this, please understand I am a female and somewhat technically challenged. LOL

I have read some of the other threads about this, but they were from 2010 and I want the latest info so I don't completely destroy my phone. I would ask my friend to do it, but he is unavailable.

Please help me!!!

Thanks

mrformat

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
HI, I recently rooted my HTC Evo 4G and just a day ago my phone alerted me about a system software update. First off, what is this update? Is it for the Ice Cream Sandwich Software? Secondly, can I update a rooted phone? If not, how do I un-root my phone, so I can get the update? A friend did it (root) for me using Revolutionary. When explaining this, please understand I am a female and somewhat technically challenged. LOL

I have read some of the other threads about this, but they were from 2010 and I want the latest info so I don't completely destroy my phone. I would ask my friend to do it, but he is unavailable.

Please help me!!!

Thanks

Hey, Don't mess with the phone if you don't know what to do you can crash it. You don't have to change the Root to up date the phone. This process is only if you need to return your phone to the carrier. The Sprint updates that are sent to your phone should never be downloaded. Your phone is now Rooted and these updates with cause problems with your phone. But here is the good news as soon as the update comes out the DEV'S are at work to make a ROM that is flash-able to your rooted phone. This I'm sure your friend knows how to do if not you will have to learn here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/59496-guide-rom-manager-clockwork-mod-effective-way-when-flashing-custom-roms.html

I believe that the latest updated ROM is here.

[ROM][STOCK][1/17/2012] 4.54.651.1 (updated) - xda-developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781