Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

I am running Warm Z and it works fine with no force closes. Try clearing the caches like SSjon suggested and let us know if that fixes it plz Myn.
    Also, to clear some confusion about the kernel, it is just the stock HTC's 2.6.32 with the custom drivers added. It is not based off of netarchy's Kernel or any other. This may change in the future; the custom drivers are public.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by myn View Post
    Force close on load of HDMI app on both Warm TwoPointTwo and Warm Z.
    I can confirm Full mirroring works on warm Z, you must flash THIS kernel though. It's the stock #15 kernel with the needed modules and stuffs.

Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Force close on load of HDMI app on both Warm TwoPointTwo and Warm Z.
    First make sure you have the full hdmi kernal installed if u have that then make sure you are logged in to your gmail that should take care of the problem

what do the settings have to be in order to output 480 to my 7" car monitor? I have the hdmi to rca cable and the NAV-TV wiring harness.

This is what I've been waiting for.

I'm ordering a HDMI cord right... now...

Thanks!

Donate button is in the program?

Got it working. Was clearing the caches from the beginning and that is why I was confused. Well after restoring back and forth a couple of times, I realized that wifi was turned on when I rebooted into recovery to flash the kernal. Restored again, made sure it was off before going back into recovery and reflashed the kernal, resulting in everything working.

Thank you so much for your hard work on this, Orrebmas. Everything runs very good for a beta. Only experienced slight flicker on my Sprint Lovers rom. Can't wait for the full release and very willing to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by orrebmas View Post
    I am running Warm Z and it works fine with no force closes. Try clearing the caches like SSjon suggested and let us know if that fixes it plz Myn.
    Also, to clear some confusion about the kernel, it is just the stock HTC's 2.6.32 with the custom drivers added. It is not based off of netarchy's Kernel or any other. This may change in the future; the custom drivers are public.
    Do you have a link for the source code for the kernel changes?

Awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!! This us what I wanted and expected when I bought my Evo at launch. I will be testing this a lot! I will also be donating. Just can't say thanks enough. Can't wait to see you master this

@Orrebmas

First off thank for all of your work, everything works great on this app but one thing I did notice was that with this kernel, my camera doesnt work. Im running Myn's rls 5 hardware version 0003 with the newer camera. I am aware that I could only use certain kernels but since this is stock kernel I figured it should work but it might have to do with some of the files that got replaced. Just wanted to inform you just in case you weren't aware of that problem and once again thanks...

orrebmas please tell me your working on this for unrooted phones please this is so awesome
    myn

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SSjon View Post
    I had that to, I reflashed my rom, wiped Dalvik and Cache, flashed the HDMI kernel and it works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    I can confirm Full mirroring works on warm Z, you must flash THIS kernel though. It's the stock #15 kernel with the needed modules and stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkane420 View Post
    First make sure you have the full hdmi kernal installed if u have that then make sure you are logged in to your gmail that should take care of the problem

I did a fresh wipe (including data) and didn't sign into any services. (including google)

As soon as I signed into google the app began to work.

It appears the HDMI app queries the users google ID and it does something with it. Not sure what/why?

With the google ID entered it doesn't force close.
    Thanked by:
    nullr 

ROM
    CM7 RC2

Thanks for this man. It's great! I have noticed one problem though, maybe someone can help me out. I put the kernal on and got everything working but tried to get it to play a YouTube video and it was having seizures. I don't know if I need to change the resolution or what, but I'm using Sprint Lover's 2.2 ROM and I kept it on Hardware Mode with Landscape or Portrait and it wasn't working. But everything else is working great and it is a wonderful thing! Thanks again!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

I did a fresh wipe (including data) and didn't sign into any services. (including google)

As soon as I signed into google the app began to work.

It appears the HDMI app queries the users google ID and it does something with it. Not sure what/why?

With the google ID entered it doesn't force close.
    That is correct, this is from the closed beta days where the license file was tied to the phone account. I will remove that function call for the next open beta releases. Thanks for the tip Myn.
    Thanked by:
    nullr 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by JCrater11 View Post
    Thanks for this man. It's great! I have noticed one problem though, maybe someone can help me out. I put the kernal on and got everything working but tried to get it to play a YouTube video and it was having seizures. I don't know if I need to change the resolution or what, but I'm using Sprint Lover's 2.2 ROM and I kept it on Hardware Mode with Landscape or Portrait and it wasn't working. But everything else is working great and it is a wonderful thing! Thanks again!
    This app drives the HDMI signal through the HDMI port. Since YouTube app does the same (youtube app works over HDMI without FullHDMI mirroring) then you will get this massive flicker and conflict over the video memory. This also happens with stock Gallery video player which outputs to HDMI without the app as well.

If you want youtube to work with FullHDMI, you have to use the browser to avoid this behavior. In the future I can make the service "pause" when the user launches a conflicting app, but for now make sure to turn it off if there is another program needing to use the HDMI port.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by Dc2Chris View Post
    @Orrebmas

First off thank for all of your work, everything works great on this app but one thing I did notice was that with this kernel, my camera doesnt work. Im running Myn's rls 5 hardware version 0003 with the newer camera. I am aware that I could only use certain kernels but since this is stock kernel I figured it should work but it might have to do with some of the files that got replaced. Just wanted to inform you just in case you weren't aware of that problem and once again thanks...
    1975jamie already pointed this out, I am aware of it and will look into it soon.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

@orrebmas

Awesome public release after your thread was deleted at xda its good you see you still hold the first release of such an app.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by pdaguy1 View Post
    Do you have a link for the source code for the kernel changes?
    Yes I will be putting up the sources online soon and link them here. I always intended the changes in the drivers to be public for other kernel authors to include them, and according to the GPL they should be. Once I have some time I will post them up.

Great work orrebmas!

Yes I will be putting up the sources online soon and link them here. I always intended the changes in the drivers to be public for other kernel authors to include them, and according to the GPL they should be. Once I have some time I will post them up.
    Look forward to it, I'm building some kernels for Evo and would like to include this. Hopefully you can do this soon.

this is so great. I hope to put it in my rom some day when all is final.
    My Roms Dark Cocoa / Cocoa T for the EVO

Ok guys sorry for the dumb ?, but where's the kernel for the hardware option?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by eunice3 View Post
    Ok guys sorry for the dumb ?, but where's the kernel for the hardware option?
    I just removed it to keep the thread compliant with GPL eunice3. I have to put the sources up on github or similar before I can post it again. Will be working on that this coming week.

Ok, that means you can only use software mode for now right?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by eunice3 View Post
    Ok, that means you can only use software mode for now right?
    Correct.

Amazing work! How well does the hardware version behave compared to software? Would it be possible to play games on the external screen and would an option to disable the internal screen help?
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast