[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI discussion

mike90319

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for something like this working on my dell streak. I have DJ_Steves streakdroid 1.8.1, Will this only work on evo/sense phones?

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It is only for Evo for now. This may change in the future.

Interesting. I am sure the Droid guys would love your help in getting true mirroring. Theirs freezes the screen on the phone and you can only see your screen output.

Only downside is that we hope your broad approach doesn't spread you too thin for the Evo. :-!

Apollon

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
kernel details??

Can someone give some details about this FullHDMI kernel? Does it allow overclocking, undervolting, unlocked fps, etc? I don't wanna lose all the netarchy's goodies, to gain only proper HDMI drivers instead...
@orrebmas: if it was based off someone else's custom kernel - please provide details which one...thanks

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The 1st HDMI kernel is just a stock #15 Kernel with the custom drivers.
The 2nd Kernel has everything that SBC-net-4.2.2-less(or more)-havs-v7 has plus the kicker of HDMI custom drivers.
The source code will be provided when orrebmas is ready, just like the competition he wants a finished product first. More Kernel options to come with the next release.

To quote a developer on XDA about this:
"Bradley is correct with his statement. The honest answer is, GPL doesn't allow for people to get things right first. But then again, GPL was written by a man who will never use this product, because he is firmly against owning a cell phone. Sometimes, development practices are counter to the requirements of the FSF while not actually being counter to the philosophy. There are multiple groups working to bring HDMI mirroring to the masses, each with their own methods. We chose this route as a way to get feedback before we could have all the pieces in place and ready to go. And based on feedback, I've drastically changed some of the kernel design to really give everyone a solid experience. As a professional developer, recognition of who "solved the problem" is important. And when someone steals that, it hurts the developer and hurts the community. And I'm not talking about cracking software and releasing it without protection. Everyone *knows* who wrote the software, they're just not paying for it or getting it from the proper channels. But with GPL, that recognition is lost. Putting together a package of this magnitude takes a lot of work, and feedback from a lot of people. Like everyone else, we just want our release to be of our stuff first, and not have someone who lives in their parents basement (No, this is *not* an attack at another developer working very hard on his own solution) to use the kernel design we've created and slap a UI on top and sell it on the market before we can at least share our offering with everyone."

customblackberry

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks orrebmas for all the hardwork and thanks to everyone that is testing the hdmi out so that it can be out in the market fully stable and functional. Either it's really late for me or I just have no idea how you go about configuring your phone to test out the beta version. I guess I'm trying to say that at this point it sounds complicated. So I wish everyone luck and hope that this goes fully operational soon. I will be the first person to pay good money for this app.

MkUltra

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Sam,
just wanted to give you another shout out and thanks for all your hard work! I'm going to be giving a lecture in a couple of weeks on running some of my Processing experiments on Android using the HDMI port to output-- with your permission, I'd like to give you credit for your work, let me know how you want to be credited (I figured name/website etc okay?)

Here's a sample of what I've been doing so far:
Generative Visuals using Processing for Android on Vimeo

aburgthing

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if it just a quirk with my specific phone or not but I have tried Full HDMI on a number of HDMI equipped TVs. The program has always worked except for ONE model. This set is a 40 in. Sony Bravia (720P) set. I can get the specific model number if necessary. For some reason, EVERYTIME I plug into that set, I immediately go to the white Evo screen and it sits there until I pull the battery. I know it's not the program but I can't figure it out. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience? This ONLY happens with one set I've tried it on. Other LGs, Samsungs and Sonys work great.

Apollon

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The 1st HDMI kernel is just a stock #15 Kernel with the custom drivers.
The 2nd Kernel has everything that SBC-net-4.2.2-less(or more)-havs-v7 has plus the kicker of HDMI custom drivers.
The source code will be provided when orrebmas is ready, just like the competition he wants a finished product first. More Kernel options to come with the next release.

To quote a developer on XDA about this:
"Bradley is correct with his statement. The honest answer is, GPL doesn't allow for people to get things right first. But then again, GPL was written by a man who will never use this product, because he is firmly against owning a cell phone. Sometimes, development practices are counter to the requirements of the FSF while not actually being counter to the philosophy. There are multiple groups working to bring HDMI mirroring to the masses, each with their own methods. We chose this route as a way to get feedback before we could have all the pieces in place and ready to go. And based on feedback, I've drastically changed some of the kernel design to really give everyone a solid experience. As a professional developer, recognition of who "solved the problem" is important. And when someone steals that, it hurts the developer and hurts the community. And I'm not talking about cracking software and releasing it without protection. Everyone *knows* who wrote the software, they're just not paying for it or getting it from the proper channels. But with GPL, that recognition is lost. Putting together a package of this magnitude takes a lot of work, and feedback from a lot of people. Like everyone else, we just want our release to be of our stuff first, and not have someone who lives in their parents basement (No, this is *not* an attack at another developer working very hard on his own solution) to use the kernel design we've created and slap a UI on top and sell it on the market before we can at least share our offering with everyone."

what "2nd Kernel" are you referring too and where can I get it? It sounds like the love of my life - FullHDMI drivers plus keeping all the netarchy's goodies

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
FullHDMI demo in 720P mode. I will be posting 800x600 and 480P videos today as well. Sorry about the poor quality of the vid, the camera I was using has a max vid res of 640x480.

I no longer have an XDA account so posting a thread there would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
FullHDMI demo in 720P mode. I will be posting 800x600 and 480P videos today as well. Sorry about the poor quality of the vid, the camera I was using has a max vid res of 640x480.

I no longer have an XDA account so posting a thread there would be much appreciated.

I keep seeing references to the drama at xda. Can someone fill me in on what is happening over there? Why don't you have an xda account anymore?

troyperezsr

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
just made a purchase but apps not working

I've read every post since the start of the thread. And from my understanding now with the app in the store I figured all should be fine. I'm running Fresh 3.5.0.1 with the kernel that was packaged with the Rom. I start fullhdmi. Insert the cable and start the service, the screen goes from no input to black screen to no input. It's a 32in Samsung lcd. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non