[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI discussion

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The benchmarks have been updated to include CM7 Nightly #18 AOSP Kernel HMDwIn 1.04. I am currently not testing 720P mode until all apps support it (apples to apples).

Reactions: artlan

artlan

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The benchmarks have been updated to include CM7 Nightly #18 AOSP Kernel HMDwIn 1.04. I am currently not testing 720P mode until all apps support it (apples to apples).

Looks good :)
You asked for some feedback on the chart layout a few posts back - I think it essentially looks good. Only item I'd maybe suggest would be color code the two apps data so they're easy to pick out (ex, FullHDMI red and HDMwIn blue.)

Can also think of numerous ways to graph if it out. If you'd like I can make some samples and send them to you later (business at work permitting.)

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the time put into this. The final score is higher on this app than the other one on the AOSP builds across the board. Is this something you can see with the naked eye when you are running the tests, or does it look pretty much the same?

FYI: The "final score" for VaelPak 3.2 RC1 Net HDMI Kernel FullHDMI v1.01 is missing under the 640x480/HDMI/SC Off tests.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks good :)
You asked for some feedback on the chart layout a few posts back - I think it essentially looks good. Only item I'd maybe suggest would be color code the two apps data so they're easy to pick out (ex, FullHDMI red and HDMwIn blue.)

Can also think of numerous ways to graph if it out. If you'd like I can make some samples and send them to you later (business at work permitting.)

I was thinking about color coding it and may go back and do that. Thanks for the input.

Graphs look nice but can lead to some confusion when dealing with the number of individual data sets. In order to cut down on confusion each data set would need it's own graph. In other words one graph for Fill Rate, one graph for High Object Count and so on. At the rate that revisions/updates are been made it would be an all day thing to recompile the data. To give you an example, it takes about an hour to bench just one rom/kernel/app setup. You then have to add in the time to reboot/flash/install apps for the next run. I love the dev community but I am unemployed right now and am doing this for free.

Reactions: SSjon

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the time put into this. The final score is higher on this app than the other one on the AOSP builds across the board. Is this something you can see with the naked eye when you are running the tests, or does it look pretty much the same?

FYI: The "final score" for VaelPak 3.2 RC1 Net HDMI Kernel FullHDMI v1.01 is missing under the 640x480/HDMI/SC Off tests.

Read my analysis of FullHDMI posted a few pages back. As far as their app is concerned I won't be posting any analysis in this thread. I am holding off on a full comparative til 720P is enabled to keep things as balanced as possible, once that is done I'll post the writeup on my docs account for everybody to read.

Thanks for the heads up about the final score. I've been both here and there as well as testing so I guessed I missed it. I'll try to fix it today.

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I am holding off on a full comparative til 720P is enabled to keep things as balanced as possible, once that is done I'll post the writeup on my docs account for everybody to read.

Yea, I understand that and it sounds fair. I just meant can you visually see any difference between the two. I guess that will be in the write up whenever it comes out. I can wait.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I understand that and it sounds fair. I just meant can you visually see any difference between the two. I guess that will be in the write up whenever it comes out. I can wait.

I still want to keep things separate at this point. Thanks for understanding. I did however put a link to my app specific analysis in my sig.

Ice007112

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
im running sprint lovers rom im rooted and i wanna know what kernel i have to use to make this work.. ive installed it and everytime i start service it says app error and error starting service

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

this is a snapshot of what im running on my phone
15p5ut3.jpg

I just ran into this problem and because I am a persistent SOB lol, I found out that you may need to go into the settings menu of the phone and go to Applications, Manage applications. Find "FullHDMI" and after you click on it, click on "Clear data", then "ok". I have found that sometimes rogue data from previous version can still linger and since this needed to have an uninstall of the beta version it is possible data from the previous version was still on the phone.
This method worked for me and hopefully will for you.

Apollon

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
@ orrebmas

spoke to netarchy about his github. he says master/bfs branches are SBC, non SBC branches are tagged as nonsbc. I reminded him 4.3.2 BFS kernels are still not usable because of the latest WiMAX radio lockups issue and he suggested revert commit 621261839737109635dcbd409bc5dbb6df5426d3 and you have wimax as it is in 4.3.1

this should give you some clarity about his tree...

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
A beta is a beta. Will run out eventually. He probably put a limit on it.

Thats true. The beta was to get all (or most) of the bugs out and develop features based on the testers feedback.

I updated the first page and added links to Kernel binaries and sources. I will be adding more kernel binaries to cover the most popular at least for the time being.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thats true. The beta was to get all (or most) of the bugs out and develop features based on the testers feedback.

I updated the first page and added links to Kernel binaries and sources. I will be adding more kernel binaries to cover the most popular at least for the time being.

Source!!! Cyanogen already works so other than different feature sets of Netarchy's kernels I don't see you needing much else except for the modified stock sense kernel.

Oh, there was a lite version in the market but before I could download it, it disappeared. What happened.

*Benches and analysis has been updated.

detcup4evr

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded update, and when I opened it, I got a new root request, whoami, I granted it and app open said root unavailable, I tried deleteing cache, and even uninstalled and reinstalled with same result, I have busy box from market installed.

Any thoughts?

Further info

Busybox 1.18.3

In terminal I type whoami I get a uid and user name unknown
If I type su then whoami, I get uid of 0 and username still unknown

Just figured out cut and paste within terminal

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
# #
#
# id
uid=10008(app_8) gid=10008(app_8) groups=1015(sdcard_rw),3003(inet)
# whoami
whoami: unknown uid 10008
# su
# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
# whoami
whoami: unknown uid 0
#

Last edited:

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just checked myself, new version don't work at all. It asks for root access and then fails.

snap20110316_235955.png

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma