Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

I managed to get the Kernel file early when it was still available....Noob question...how do you flash kernel onto the fone?? Very new to the rooting world as I barely rooted it a few days ago. Please let me know thanks!!

ROM
    MikZ and MikFroyo 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Rsximporter99 View Post
    I managed to get the Kernel file early when it was still available....Noob question...how do you flash kernel onto the fone?? Very new to the rooting world as I barely rooted it a few days ago. Please let me know thanks!!
    First transfer the kernel onto your SD card, make sure to leave it zipped. Reboot your phone into recovery, power off and hold volume down + power button until screen turns on. Wipe cache and dalvik, flash zip from SD, find the kernel and select it. Enjoy.

MikG or CM7

FullHDMI on both

Thanks so much...I will try that!!

ok on my recovery screen i see the following options...

- Wipe data/factory reset
    - wipe cache partition

are these the ones you are referring to when you say wipe cache and dalvik?

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

i didn't wipe my dalvik cache when i flashed the kernel. the app works fine save for the occasional flickering. would wiping the dalvik cache make any improvements with the flickering?

Ok nevermind found the Dalvik cache....was that it?? I wiped it...now i guess ill install zip.

Hey awesome, everything WORKS! Looking forward to the final, and im running it on MikFroYo 4.5, thanks.

ROM
    MikZ and MikFroyo 4.5

@EvoGenius I wipe Dalvik just to be sure I have a clean wipe, no it would not help the flickering.
    @Rsximporter99 you are running clockwork so wipe the cache partition then go into advanced and wipe the dalvik

MikG or CM7

FullHDMI on both
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

oh one other thing is that i cannot stop the service from the app's control panel. i have to go into applications and stop it from there. not too big a deal.

ROM
    MikZ and MikFroyo 4.5

to exit the app you just hit the back button

MikG or CM7

FullHDMI on both

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

not the app. the app's service. you know the little green icon in your notification bar. the service continues to run and will not stop when i press the "Stop Service" button. the only time it does stop is if i have the cable unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoGenius View Post
    not the app. the app's service. you know the little green icon in your notification bar. the service continues to run and will not stop when i press the "Stop Service" button. the only time it does stop is if i have the cable unplugged.
    Yes, simply pressing back while in the actual app, will get this to stop and go away, and close the app completely.
    Thanked by:
    SSjon 

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

ok so i've come across this issue twice now. after using the FullHDMI for Evo app and closing it down i lose all audio on the phone. to get the audio back i have to reboot the phone. if anyone knows a way to reset the audio on the evo without rebooting i'd be much obliged.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

ok so i've come across this issue twice now. after using the FullHDMI for Evo app and closing it down i lose all audio on the phone. to get the audio back i have to reboot the phone. if anyone knows a way to reset the audio on the evo without rebooting i'd be much obliged.
    Audio: While the mirroring service is active, it will route both your video and audio through the HDMI port, even if you unplug your cable. This means that when you see in your notification bar that FullHDMI status is "Actively Mirroring" and want the audio to come back to your phone, then you should go in the app and hit the "stop service" button.

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

@jmangenes

like i mentioned a few posts back. the "Stop Service" does nothing for me. whether the service is running or not that button doesn't do anything.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

@jmangenes

like i mentioned a few posts back. the "Stop Service" does nothing for me. whether the service is running or not that button doesn't do anything.
    Please go in your superuser app and make sure there are no FullHDMI entries in the blacklist. This can be preventing the app from stopping the service which started as root.

This has actually happened to me a couple of times too. What I think happens is that the phone still thinks the HDMI pin is connected and is trying to route the audio through that. I don't know of a fix other than re-booting the phone.

I actually came from an iPhone to the Evo back in June 2010. Back then I had a cable for my iPhone which went from the 16 pin connector to a component connection, and I used an app called TVout2. The picture quality over my Evo with this app is 10x better than my old iPhone set up.

BUT... even back then, with that set up, I would still have the same problem on occasion. I think it's the nature of the phone. One thing that might work is plugging the HDMI cable back in, and trying to disconnect again. That would work on my iPhone set up, but I haven't tried it here.

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

All FullHDMI entries in the superuser app are set to "Allowed". i can't seem to locate any blacklist.

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyw801 View Post
    One thing that might work is plugging the HDMI cable back in, and trying to disconnect again. That would work on my iPhone set up, but I haven't tried it here.
    i had tried mutliple times plugging and unplugging, starting FullHDMI before during and after plugging and unplugging and got nowhere. it's not a deal breaker by any means just a little finicky.

Guys: When the audio is not routing right, or when the app doesn't stop on its own or freezes up for whatever reason, do the following:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Running

Locate the Full HDMI app and force stop it from that menu. It is a PITA, but it is much faster than waiting for the phone to reboot. Apparently, the back button does not exit the app completely but this method does. In a previous post, I had suggested that a dedicated "quit" option be added to the app, but it may have been missed by orrebmas in between all the other posts.
    HTC Evo (Hardware 002)
    Rom: Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

i'll recreate the scenario and see if that works. i do remember going into the running apps list and force stopping the app but not while i was having the audio issue.

ROM
    MikZ and MikFroyo 4.5

I second a Menu-Quit feature, plus that would be a good place to stick other future options.

MikG or CM7

FullHDMI on both

ROM
    Stock Rooted/Net 4.3.4

well i'll be a monkey's uncle. plugged in the hdmi, waited for handshake, started FullHDMI. at this point everything is fine and dandy. so i then press Stop Service, which actually worked this time, then hit the back button and bam i have sound. wackiness. maybe pulling the plug while the app was running caused the issues i was having. not too sure.

well i'll be a monkey's uncle. plugged in the hdmi, waited for handshake, started FullHDMI. at this point everything is fine and dandy. so i then press Stop Service, which actually worked this time, then hit the back button and bam i have sound. wackiness. maybe pulling the plug while the app was running caused the issues i was having. not too sure.
    I think I read somewhere that pulling out the HDMI cable did that......I think it was orrebmas who said. Glad it worked out for you, though. Now you have several things you can try if the app hiccups again.
    HTC Evo (Hardware 002)
    Rom: Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikfroYo 4.5

ive lost all stock functionality on my evo.
    when i plug in my hdmi to my plasma it detects an active input but my evo does not detect the hdmi connection, when i play a video on droidtv i get nothing the video plays normally on the phone as if no cable is plugged in. i unplugged and plugged in the cord a few times and got sound once but nothing since.
    i force stopped the app,cleared data even uninstalled the app but nothing brings back my stock hdmi functionality.
    with the app running i get functionality but it very glitchy especially when trying to view droidtv which uses the stock player.
    juts figured id check to see if there are any suggestions before i reload my rom, that should restore the stock kernel too correct?
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast