[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI discussion

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I figured that the kernel couldn't be posted on here till it was posted on github... Just was wondering what the differences were so far and improvements...

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I figured that the kernel couldn't be posted on here till it was posted on github... Just was wondering what the differences were so far and improvements...

The new wave of kernels (plural because they are changing fast) are based off of SBC-net-4.2.2-less-havs-v7. The first build was that with only the drivers being different.

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info... All I was lolling for just want to be up to date with everything... So far app is working flawlessly.. Only thing I kinda notice with the kernel I'm running now (original) is batt decreases a little faster than normal while in use... Otherwise everything is perfect

riassan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
this app is definitely phenomenal and works well i'm trying this with continuously changing sense roms that are of high usage so i will continue updating here results.
so far ive ran this setup with original kernel and 22610 beta and only real problem i noticed was when using standard video its a bit of a glitch here and there but that is already known. and this was running it on 2.0 based myn's warm z port

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
flashing and glitching seem to be greatly reduced with the new kernel.
before raging thunder was unplayable now it runs with only the occasional glitch usually when i tap for boost in fact most of the glitching ive noticed seems to be attached to me taping the screen when left alone the glitches almost disappear entirely.
picture seems to be a tad bit sharper as well, at least in 480 i havent gotten to 720p testing yet.
this was all in hardware mode with supercharge enabled.

bitbop is still not working gitches badly during playback and you still get a layering effect as it goes through its start up dialog for playback instead of diplaying the dialog then it disapearing then new dialog it never disappears just layers on top of one another. when video starts to play the "layers" disappear but video still glitches badly.

Also i have a suggestion it would be great to have an option in the app like slacker does to keep the display always on when plugged in. every time the screen times out the service has to be restarted.

Last edited:

riassan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
flashing and glitching seem to be greatly reduced with the new kernel.
before raging thunder was unplayable now it runs with only the occasional glitch usually when i tap for boost in fact most of the glitching ive noticed seems to be attached to me taping the screen when left alone the glitches almost disappear entirely.
picture seems to be a tad bit sharper as well, at least in 480 i havent gotten to 720p testing yet.
this was all in hardware mode with supercharge enabled.

yeah thanks for the heads up on the status of current kernel, like i said im a heavy flasher so ill be the guinea pig for a lot of trial of different roms:D

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
CM6 with FullHDMI 1
CM6 with FullHDMI 2
CM6 with FullHDMI 3
Took a short while but got AOSP working with FullHDMI. However AOSP mirroring probably wont be part of next beta as my focus will continue to be Sense at the moment. To make an apk around what you see in the vids requires me to rewrite the modules, and that will spread the project too thin trying to do too many things at once by myself.
Flashing back to Myn's Two.Two and Sense work will resume later this week. Thanks for all the support guys.

Last edited:

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
hahaha damn look at you go! took an evening huh? your too funny Sam.
Looks pretty good for one evening looks like your getting the same small glitch from aosp as from sense from the looks of the vid.
though i will say the glitches seem to be mostly confined to certain apps on the public beta running the new kernel.
i was gonna switch to myn's to see if it smoothed out any more plus im just curious about the rom.

Have you tested any more aggressive kernel builds? i noticed the first is a havs/less and you hinted at quite a few kernels...

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
hahaha damn look at you go! took an evening huh? your too funny Sam.
Looks pretty good for one evening looks like your getting the same small glitch from aosp as from sense from the looks of the vid.
though i will say the glitches seem to be mostly confined to certain apps on the public beta running the new kernel.
i was gonna switch to myn's to see if it smoothed out any more plus im just curious about the rom.

No those glitches I have to fix in the drivers. They are not related to any ROM in particular but I noticed that overclocking almost gets rid of them.

Reactions: cjunior

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
ahhhh i was gonna ask you about that.
I tested using setcpu in smartass mode.

other than the issues im having with bitbop and slacker radio. the little glitches are really the only reoccurring issues ive had so far i cant stop playing with it though.

cjunior

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
CM6 with FullHDMI 1
CM6 with FullHDMI 2
CM6 with FullHDMI 3
Took a short while but got AOSP working with FullHDMI. However AOSP mirroring probably wont be part of next beta as my focus will continue to be Sense at the moment. To make an apk around what you see in the vids requires me to rewrite the modules, and that will spread the project too thin trying to do too many things at once by myself.
Flashing back to Myn's Two.Two and Sense work will resume later this week. Thanks for all the support guys.

You are the man!!!!! I can't wait to be able to test it

riassan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
No those glitches I have to fix in the drivers. They are not related to any ROM in particular but I noticed that overclocking almost gets rid of them.

yeah i was thinking the same thing and actually someone was wondering over XDA too, but figured it needed CPU pushed to correct some of the screen glitches in the mirror. man you are definitely helping truly push this device to what the manufacturers should have made ti do from the start. like i said im a flashaholic and flash quite a bit of roms through out the week so i will keep my results of each tested here is there anything specific you would like me to check for when testing that will help you in getting this into final stages? let me know thanks for your brain power in getting this going.:D

jander6442

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this orrebmas... I have used the beta apk with the released kernel with no major issues so far I have slingbox working no lag great quality. I used rockplayer on stagvu streaming video with no real issues (kinda cool to stream from phone to tv) after most all things viewed I can say that using camcorder on hdmi gives serious lagging. One suggestion to you would be the ability to click for phone screen off option just to save batt. when in active viewing. Will post back if the opportunity arises.

P.S. donated btw not much, but something:)

Sony XBR 46' Bravia/EVO using myn's Warm TwoPointTwo (RLS 5)

Last edited:

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Orrebmas, you are the man.

Working OK in software mode on my evo with Koni's Elite rom. The only problem is, I have the res set at 1280x720, and my tv is seeing that exact resolution. However the video is only showing in the top left corner of my tv. Is this due to not being able to use hardware mode? Its not an issue with my tv, as I tried all the different resolutions and zoom controls.

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Orrebmas, you are the man.

Working OK in software mode on my evo with Koni's Elite rom. The only problem is, I have the res set at 1280x720, and my tv is seeing that exact resolution. However the video is only showing in the top left corner of my tv. Is this due to not being able to use hardware mode? Its not an issue with my tv, as I tried all the different resolutions and zoom controls.

Is the app mirroring in landscape mode or portrait mode?

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
landscape

Does it always come out on the top left corner, or only when you try to mirror certain things? I can't say I remember anyone else having your problem, but I also don't remember anyone else using Koni's rom with this app. Do you have another ROM or a NAND of another ROM that you can try just to rule that out?

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Always. Actually i found the hdmi kernal, installed that, and it works perfectly in Hardware mode. My tv must not like the output that softwrae mode gives.

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Sam- total noob here but I've got to say that this has been a project I've been watching since I got an EVO back in July, that, at many times appeared completely dead in the water. I previously had the same TVout2 setup mentioned above and found it super finicky, whether it was due to iPhone Jailbreak instability or the program itself. As such, I've been really hesitant to root my EVO, but I might make an exception if this beta/program gets all the kinks worked out. I haven't seen anywhere that you're currently working on non-rooted phones in all of the 68 pages in another thread or 11 pages here (I know at one point you were), but if something like this made it to non-rooted phones it would be huge. I know you're probably too busy/burnt out from the significant progress you've already made to be taking suggestions, but I wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work. I'll be keeping a close eye on this- that's for certain.

Alot of progress was made for non-root users, and Orrebmas plans on releasing a version that gives you the option to use it without root.

But, rooting let's you use the phone and the HDMI chip to it's full potential. To really get the most out of the app, root is the only way to go.

However, I am confident that as much development as possible will be there for non-rooters.

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Always. Actually i found the hdmi kernal, installed that, and it works perfectly in Hardware mode. My tv must not like the output that softwrae mode gives.

This is actually one of the current limitations of software mode unfortunately. To clarify for anyone reading:

Software mode, does not require root, and uses the phones software only. It is somewhat limited in it's capabilities.

Hardware mode, requires root, and a custom kernel, but allows the app to do alot more. For example fill the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000