[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI discussion

detcup4evr

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
l have done some limited testing and so far I have the following impressions.

This app is pretty sweet, I did notice that if the screen shuts off (waiting for hulu) that you need to restart the service to get tv to display. Happened on both hardware and software modes. Suggestion is you could have the app overide display settings and keep screen on.

Another suggestion would be an option to send calls to vm while mirroring is active.
Hulu looked pretty good if I could only get 4g at home I could ditch my cable.

Phone specs
Hw 3
Rom: Sprint odex stock 3.7
Kernel software mode: netchy 4.3.1 bfs, havs, no sbc
Kernel hardware mode: the one posted on Saturday
Pri: 190_003

browncg

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
ive lost all stock functionality on my evo.
when i plug in my hdmi to my plasma it detects an active input but my evo does not detect the hdmi connection, when i play a video on droidtv i get nothing the video plays normally on the phone as if no cable is plugged in. i unplugged and plugged in the cord a few times and got sound once but nothing since.
i force stopped the app,cleared data even uninstalled the app but nothing brings back my stock hdmi functionality.
with the app running i get functionality but it very glitchy especially when trying to view droidtv which uses the stock player.
juts figured id check to see if there are any suggestions before i reload my rom, that should restore the stock kernel too correct?

Same problem here - it worked for about 15 minutes then all of a sudden it stopped detecting the HDMI connection. I even flashed a new Rom (Kings Unleashed Ultra R2) and the new kernel and tried again and still can't get my phone to detect the HDMI connection. I'll try flashing back to Myns 2.2 tonight. It sounds like it's been working flawlessly on that ROM.

riassan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
well tried it this morning when i got home with evokings latest unleashed ultra R2, and it works great overclocked it to 1152 and it was pretty smooth

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Heads up guys, next release will not require a special Kernel. However, using one of the custom kernels will provide 25-30% more FPS while mirroring than any other since it enables Hardware acceleration.
No custom drivers/kernel = works on AOSP (CM6 already had the basic HTC drivers I found out).

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow! That is very big news from all the people waiting for it on CM. Sounds like some pretty big breakthroughs. You are just kicking ass!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Heads up guys, next release will not require a special Kernel. However, using one of the custom kernels will provide 25-30% more FPS while mirroring than any other since it enables Hardware acceleration.
No custom drivers/kernel = works on AOSP (CM6 already had the basic HTC drivers I found out).

WOW!!! Very excited for this release!

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Slow down, man...............you're killing 'em!

I think AC is going to have to add a "bow down" button to the site.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here - it worked for about 15 minutes then all of a sudden it stopped detecting the HDMI connection. I even flashed a new Rom (Kings Unleashed Ultra R2) and the new kernel and tried again and still can't get my phone to detect the HDMI connection. I'll try flashing back to Myns 2.2 tonight. It sounds like it's been working flawlessly on that ROM.

are u using a custom theme?
mine went as soon as i loaded slayers theme worked fine before.

well i flashed myn's rom last night all was well with my hdmi flashed riptide9's color and clear theme everything still fine played with everything testing with the app enabled and disbled all worked great testing till like 6 am this morning.
fell asleep with hulu running( i noticed the glitching only seems to occur for the fist few minutes while it buffers and during commercials) but i woke up hours later and hulu was still playing.
So now for the bad news....
I seem to have lost my abilty to output video over the stock hdmi again!

i can go to the gallery and pics will work but i get no video from droidtv or other video apps that worked previously without fullhdmi running.
Before i was getting a notification in the bar that hdmi was detected and now there no notification either.
this has happened on both the beta kernel and the new netarchy kernel.

ive also noticed the icon stays in the task bar whether you have the option checked or not app running or not.

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
ive also noticed the icon stays in the task bar whether you have the option checked or not app running or not.

Can you please confirm that you tried going into settings> applications> running and force stopped the HDMI app and the icon is still appearing up there?

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Before i was getting a notification in the bar that hdmi was detected and now there no notification either.
Can you please run an experiment on that same TV?
1. Unplug your HDMI from phone then reboot it to start fresh.
2. Unlock your phone and keep it on the home screen.
3. Plug in that same TV you mentioned above and wait for the "HDMI connected" message from Sense.
4. Press the power button to lock your phone, then press it again and unlock it back.

Is the HDMI Connected message still there? If not then your HDMI Chip crashed and needs to be rebooted (by rebooting the phone). I noticed this with one of the TVs I tested on (Dynex). It does not happen on any other TV I have so I never treated it as a bug.

Please let me know if you have a similar observation.

Thanks.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
it does say service is stopped, i thought at first maybe thats why im having the stock hdmi troubles but even doing a force stop doesnt bring back the stock hdmi video output. this same thing has happened on every rom ive tested.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh hello! I was waiting to see this... As soon as I procure a micro HDMI cable I'll be testing it on a 32" Westinghouse LCD and a 52" Plasma.

No sense buying a whole new micro HDMI cable. Just get a HDMI to micro HDMI adapter & use a cable that you may already have.

Last edited:

79parry

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is wonderful!! I have one EVO with Sense and one with MIUI. Sense worked almost flawlessly. However, I just loaded the kernal into the MIUI EVO and their's no response from the touch screen. The lock screen will come up just no response with the touch part.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This is wonderful!! I have one EVO with Sense and one with MIUI. Sense worked almost flawlessly. However, I just loaded the kernal into the MIUI EVO and their's no response from the touch screen. The lock screen will come up just no response with the touch part.

Isnt miui aosp?
that kernel is a sense kernel.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there going to be a version that works on stock EVO devices and not rooted?

yup hes working on it for the next release, and this version works just not in full screen without rooting, but that too orrebmas is trying to fix.
the goal is no root required for full use.

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Isnt miui aosp?
that kernel is a sense kernel.

Yes it very much is and sadly had no chance of working with a sense kernel

(off topic) Who else thinks that orrebmas Android status (currently Android Intermediate) should just jump straight to Android God?

Last edited:

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i got it to work, but noticed the notification icon would not go away no matter what. And was a bit laggy, but did work. But still good work progress to the creator!! THANKS!

and i noticed my battery was dying SUPER SUPER FAST! so since i currently have no every day use for this, i made sure i disabled everything and then uninstalled..

BUT NOW MY BATTERY SUCKS!!!!! i cant fix it either! Now when I charge it dies within like 2 -3 hours, its crazy. Even when I dont use it.

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i got it to work, but noticed the notification icon would not go away no matter what. And was a bit laggy, but did work. But still good work progress to the creator!! THANKS!

and i noticed my battery was dying SUPER SUPER FAST! so since i currently have no every day use for this, i made sure i disabled everything and then uninstalled..

BUT NOW MY BATTERY SUCKS!!!!! i cant fix it either! Now when I charge it dies within like 2 -3 hours, its crazy. Even when I dont use it.

Is this with the SBC+Netarchy's kernel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae