rooting proper order of opperations???

Shootin4aces

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Decided to take the plunge and root my already awesome evo!!! As always there is tons of information on how to do the various steps involved but i am looking for a very simple, basic, and concise order of operations!! I really want to make 100% sure i don't brick this awesome phone and also that i do not lose ANY of my contacts, data, apps, you name it. could someone please tell me the proper way to go about making all this happen? do you make a nandroid back up first, root first, get titanium back up or something similar first? what is the proper sequence of events to insure nothing is lost and i don't have a $400 paper weight? looking for a basic list here, but if you have suggestions to add or insider tips, all information is welcome 100% as I am new to the concept of "hacking" a phone or anything of the sort!!

Thanks is advance for any help and support

Peace out fellow Androidians

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Decided to take the plunge and root my already awesome evo!!! As always there is tons of information on how to do the various steps involved but i am looking for a very simple, basic, and concise order of operations!! I really want to make 100% sure i don't brick this awesome phone and also that i do not lose ANY of my contacts, data, apps, you name it. could someone please tell me the proper way to go about making all this happen? do you make a nandroid back up first, root first, get titanium back up or something similar first? what is the proper sequence of events to insure nothing is lost and i don't have a $400 paper weight? looking for a basic list here, but if you have suggestions to add or insider tips, all information is welcome 100% as I am new to the concept of "hacking" a phone or anything of the sort!!

Thanks is advance for any help and support

Peace out fellow Androidians

First, you can't make a nandroid before root. You can back up contacts with your google account so worries there.

If you haven't read this yet, you should give it a try:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...-help-info-asking-help-updated-1-24-11-a.html. This will give you 3(I believe) ways of rooting.

Of course if you ask which way is easiest then more than likely you will get different ways of rooting. I'm going to go ahead and assume you will be using unrevoked because all you have to do is install driver and flash their recovery tool.

If you want to go through adb with screen shots then look at http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...3-7-hboot2-02-w-screen-shots-1-27-2011-a.html

Just make sure you have the correct software and hboot.

As with ANY rooting method be sure to READ everything more than once and even look at more than one video on youtube showing how to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2CupsWithString